Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released OS X 10.11.1, which is the first update to the new El Capitan operating system that was launched to the public on September 30. In testing since mid-September, OS X 10.11.1 is a minor performance update that focuses on fixing bugs found in the first version of El Capitan.

The OS X 10.11.1 update can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and it is available to all users who are running OS X El Capitan.

os_x_el_capitan_roundup-800x409.jpg

According to the release notes, OS X 10.11.1 fixes several major bugs that El Capitan users have been experiencing since the software was released. It improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016, addressing ongoing crashing issues that Office 2016 users have run into. There are also two fixes for Mail issues.
This update:
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
- Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
OS X 10.11.1 also introduces support for Unicode 7 and 8, adding new emoji that include taco, burrito, cheese wedge, middle finger, hot dog, popcorn, and unicorn head. These emoji are also included in iOS 9.1.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan With New Emoji, Mail Improvements and Office 2016 Bug Fix

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I guess we will probably get 9.1 today too. Otherwise emojis won't work on iOS device.

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
"OS X v10.11 is already installed on this computer. Use the Updates page to install the 10.11 update or if you would like to download the full OS X installer click Continue."

But nothing shows up in software update :(

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
I have iTunes Match and don't wish to use Apple Music.

If anyone can tell me truthfully that my iTunes metadata like Play Counts, Last Played and DRM status won't get messed up in 10.11.1, I'd be very grateful. It's the one thing holding me off upgrading to El Capitan.

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Did MacRumors post these early? Do I need to wait another 63 seconds until 9:00AM PST to get in on the action?

Unacceptable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.