Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
This must be real close to final. Running it since last night, no issues whatsoever so far.

monkeyKing

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012
Scotland
Lots of screenshots of the Facebook integration.

Facebook in Mountain Lion walkthrough

----------

This must be real close to final. Running it since last night, no issues whatsoever so far.

It feels like it is. It seems pretty solid so far and there's just a few things missing (from the release notes).

I'm almost at the point of installing it as my main OS, but I've gotten 10.7 to the point it's running nicely, so will probably wait until it's released.

Messages is just awesome, btw.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Lots of screenshots of the Facebook integration.

Facebook in Mountain Lion walkthrough

----------

It feels like it is. It seems pretty solid so far and there's just a few things missing (from the release notes).

I'm almost at the point of installing it as my main OS, but I've gotten 10.7 to the point it's running nicely, so will probably wait until it's released.

Messages is just awesome, btw.

I first installed on my MBP, then after using couple hours installed on my Mac Pro as main OS now. Safari is insanely fast, the new scrolling using core animation, never saw such fluid scrolling on any browser before. It's running like an Open GL game basically.

neoark

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2010
Any upgrades for OpenGL? Funny part is apple has good hardware for graphics but crappy support it.

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
Does anyone know what the system requirements will be to upgrade? I have a feeling any machine older than 3 years and you won't be able to get this update.

birch25

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2005
Does anyone know what the system requirements will be to upgrade? I have a feeling any machine older than 3 years and you won't be able to get this update.

My 2008 MacBook runs Mountain Lion just fine. I don't get AirPlay mirroring but everything else is in there (yes, even dictation, which my iPhone 4 doesn't even get).

Reasec

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2011
This is awesome release. Safari is finally fixed when using hotmail web interface and feels alot more snappier. Must have.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005

The oldest machine getting this are the 6 year old ones. My 4.5 year old Mac Pro runs it without any issues.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003

A major factor is whether your machine can boot into 64 bit kernel, it's required (assuming the hackintosh guys don't work around that).

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Wasn't the last Lion DP effectively the GM? Maybe they mean that?

The GM, if memory serves, is a separate build from the DP's from Apple's perspective. Its really the last step of the path unless we see a show stopper. I think from Apple's perspective the DP's (here DP 1-4) are grouped together on the development path and the GM is considered a "lock" where nothing else enters it for the 10.8.0 schedule. After that, you start again with another cycle.

The GM really isn't a DP - it's the release it's typically not going to be altered. The final DP will either be 4 or possibly 5 with the GM being a related build number.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Just Installed Developer Preview 4 and It looks amazing, they've done an awesome job of making refinements on the UI..

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2010
The GM, if memory serves, is a separate build from the DP's from Apple's perspective. Its really the last step of the path unless we see a show stopper. I think from Apple's perspective the DP's (here DP 1-4) are grouped together on the development path and the GM is considered a "lock" where nothing else enters it for the 10.8.0 schedule. After that, you start again with another cycle.

The GM really isn't a DP - it's the release it's typically not going to be altered. The final DP will either be 4 or possibly 5 with the GM being a related build number.

The last Lion DP became Lion GM - it was the same build number.

gdylan

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Messages damaged

So, for some reason I trashed Messages from DP 3, and then put it back in Applications (I believe that was the chain of events)... and now it says "you can't open the application Messages because it may be damaged or incomplete", and the app has a white circle and cross on it. I thought the problem would be fixed upon installing DP 4, but no luck. Anyone know if there's a way to solve this?

cms2

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2007
Texas
I saw on Apple's site that you can now select which display to use for a full screen app. Does the other display still show grey linen when an app is in full screen? Not a developer, so I can't see for myself.

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
My 2008 MacBook runs Mountain Lion just fine. I don't get AirPlay mirroring but everything else is in there (yes, even dictation, which my iPhone 4 doesn't even get).

That sucks about the mirroring. That was one of the features i was looking forward too. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.