Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Apple today released OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

10_10_1_update.jpg

Can you see the error on that page?

The picture is for mavericks (a green and blue X) not yosemite (a brown X):

yosemite_intro_2.png

Last edited:

jms969

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Originally Posted by unobtainium View Post
Doesn't fix the weird bug with numbers being appended to my computer's name: "MacBook Pro (11)" currently.

Hasn't fixed it for me either

I am lagging, only up to 4 :(

----------

still on mavericks because I'm on an important project and I want all the software to run smooth and without problems
is this update ok to try?
thanks!

NO NO NO, stay with Mavericks for now... Yosemite is borked :(

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
Haha either Apple or MacRumors screwed up. Look at the OS X logo in the article. Mavericks much?

EDIT: Beaten by tywebb13

Last edited:

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Nope. 5GHZ is still unusable.

Not for everyone.
This must be a tricky bug for Apple to fix because not everyone is affected and there is a million wifi routers. I haven't had wifi problems on my Mac since they fixed it in Mavericks. Very strange that people are saying that this is happening even with Apple routers. I had a very old Netgear N router and recently upgraded to an D-Link AC router and never have/had slowdowns or connection issues with Mavericks/Yosemite.
The only wifi issue I used to have was that occasional bug where wifi would not auto connect in early versions of Mavericks after waking from sleep. :confused:

Last edited:

jdphoto

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
Wifi seems more stable to me, though it'll take a day or two to really see if it's improved. Off to a good start though.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Not for everyone.
This must be a tricky bug for Apple to fix because not everyone is affected. I haven't had wifi problems on my Mac since they fixed it in Mavericks (when wifi problems were also reported). Very strange that people are saying that this is happening even with Apple routers.
I had a very old N Netgear router and recently upgraded to an AC d-link router and wifi was/is working fine with both with no slowdowns or connection issues. I only every used to have that occasional bug where wifi would not auto connect in early versions of Mavericks after waking from sleep. :confused:

This would suggest that the problem is related to the version of 802.11 being used. For example, no problems at all on 802.11b/g/n, but may have problems on 802.11ac.

Just a thought..

BL.

haddy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2012
NZ
Well, anyone can get Wifi transmit speeds of 1300mbps, just get an 801.11ac router

Actual internet download speeds are dependant on your ISP, Wifi Signal Quality and the number of devices using Wifi

I get a nice 78mb/s download from the internet thanks to BT, my router (a Time Capsule) is capable of 1300mbps transmit rate, and I can download from devices on its gigabit interface at over 500mbps

Alas the fabled Google fibre is just that for the majority of people

Help me out here does 1300mbps = 13Mbps =1.3MB/s?
And are you guys using 56K dialup, ADSL, ADSL2+, VDSL2 or Ultra fast fibre optic?

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
This would suggest that the problem is related to the version of 802.11 being used. For example, no problems at all on 802.11b/g/n, but may have problems on 802.11ac.

Just a thought..

BL.

I'm not sure since my wifi is perfectly fine even with my new AC router that replaced my ancient Netgear router. I definatly had the reported wifi issues with iOS 8.0 but never with OSX Mavericks/Yosemite.

Last edited:

netsped

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Dark mode text still looks ugly on non-retina displays. At first, I thought it was fixed, but as soon as I hovered my mouse over one menu item and the blue bar appeared the text converted to the same ugly mess it was before the update.

It looks worse sitting in front of it. BTW, it's a 13" MBA screen.

attachment.php

Attachments

• darkmode.gif
    darkmode.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 2,535

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Well, 10.10.1 brings a noticeable improvement in terms of UI responsiveness but it's still not better than Mavericks. At least I can tolerate it at this point. However, I don't buy Macs so I can tolerate mediocre software updates. If I wanted that, I'd buy a Windows box. Hopefully .2 finishes the job and gets my Mini back to its previous non-laggy state.

ronoman

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2007
10.10.1 seems to have resolved the wifi drops issue. I didn't have that big a problem before the update. Just a few dropouts randomly here and there . But now, smooth sailing again. Very quick and responsive.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Maybe the routers that you using doesn't like 10.10

I had this problem in 10.7 and 10.8. Well I couldn't figure it out, I would have to reset the router and clear the Wireless cache on the Mac up to work.
Thinking it might be the router I try different routers.

The ones I tried are, D-Link and Net gear, one other that I can't remember the name. The one that works great for me is Trendnet TEW-711BR, no problems

This may not be your problem that have old routers, just might be that they don't like 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and, 10.10. As for the users using new router, just might be the router. Who knows I'm just telling my story and suggestions. :/

Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.