Apple Releases Revised Version of iOS 13 and iPadOS Developer Beta 3

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 8, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Alongside the second public beta versions of iOS 13 and iPadOS, Apple today also released a revised third beta version of the operating systems for developers.

[​IMG]

The reason for the new version isn't entirely clear, but the original third developer beta was not available for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus for some reason. Today's update, build 17A5522g, is only a very minor increment from the 17A5522f build of the original release, but Apple appears to be pushing it out for all devices, not just the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus that had not originally received it.

Registered developers will need to download the profile for the iOS 13 and iPadOS betas from Apple's Developer Center. The revised Beta 3 can be downloaded over-the-air once the proper profile has been installed.

Article Link: Apple Releases Revised Version of iOS 13 and iPadOS Developer Beta 3

2. hajime macrumors 603

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I don't ever remember a DB beta auto-updating, even with the setting turned on. It has always been manually for me.

Must have been important for Apple to push a 117 MB update so quickly.

4. ugcop, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019

ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Very slow to download.

Had to cancel the update and request it again. Second attempt downloaded quickly.

5. aardwolf macrumors 6502

The previous version of beta 3 had an obscure bug that was bothersome... hopefully it is fixed.

Basically if my phone ever went to a place where the signal was so bad it disconnected, it never recovered. The bars would come back, but most of the phone still thought it was offline (even if I was online on Wifi and using Chrome with no issues). Only a reboot would allow things like Maps to work again.

6. musicpenguy macrumors 68000

Fingers crossed that the USB functionality is restored on Lightning iPads! (No external file access, USB mouse, or Ethernet support in beta 3, rev a)

7. hajime, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019

hajime macrumors 603

On my iPP, after update, it says it is under 13.0.

8. WRChris macrumors 6502a

WRChris

I know there isn’t news everyday but man these beta only days are driving me up a wall.

9. csalm87 macrumors regular

csalm87

I noticed that issue as well. If it isn't fixed, I will report it. Hope you do the same!

10. jredecop macrumors 6502a

I had the same issue.

11. AppleFan91 macrumors 68000

AppleFan91

Needed this. On my XS, it was the worst beta so far. Wouldn’t detect my swiping input on the home screen for the first 2-3 swipes and would lose all data (3G/LTE) at least once a day.

12. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

Showed up as a regular OTA update here. No need to redownload profiles or IPSWs.

13. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Happy to see an update as well. Most of the time could not swipe to answer a call and You Tube on the iPad had issues with closing a video to watch another. Beta is like that, no complaint just sharing.

14. Ant2369 macrumors regular

Ant2369

I’ve been having lots of issues with Mail on my Xs Max seems like this minor update has addressed that

15. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

I doubt there's many fixes in this given that the build number only changed by the letter suffix at the end (from f to g). I would wait until the next 'proper' release (next week maybe?).

16. jonnyb macrumors 65816

Yeah. Mail is fixed for me, too.

17. Binarymix macrumors 65816

I was having slow wifi, and constant drop outs in beta 2 and 3 (both iPad and iPhone). This now seems be be fixed *knock on wood*.

I’m on a mesh network, so that may have been part of it as I didn’t see others complaining.

18. swankier macrumors newbie

swankier

I wish that for a final iOS 13, the "install to home screen" feature was exposed in the browser so that Progressive Web Apps could come to life.

It would essentially be a fancy 'bookmark to the home screen' feature that would be very useful. Chrome solves this with the beforeinstallprompt event on desktop and mobile.

The current status quo of a popup that instructs users on where to click on the 'share' icon is a disastrous user experience. It is summarised humorously in the webkit bugzilla at https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=193959:

site: "Would you like to install this app?"
    user: "Sure, how do I do that?"
    site: "OK, well I'm going to assume you're in Safari and not some 3rd party browser. Start by clicking on the Share button at the bottom of the screen."
    user: "I can't see a Share button"
    site: "It's probably hidden. Scroll back up a little bit to reveal the buttons, then click the Share button."
    user: "OK, got it"
    site: "Now click the 'Add to homescreen' button"
    user: "I can't see that button"
    site: "OK, you might have to scroll horizontally on the bottom row of icons to find it"
    user: "OK, found it"
    site: "Great, now just click 'Add' in the top right hand corner, and you're done"
    user: "Done. You're lucky I love your app because that was really annoying."

19. flexiboy1912 macrumors member

flexiboy1912

Please let them fix the issue where video playback bombs out to the watch now screen every time I am travelling in and of signal on the underground. Very annoying and has been there since 12 beta.

20. bcollis26 macrumors newbie

Yes! I thought the swiping bug was just happening to me. Glad I’m not alone. Definitely worst beta for me so far due to that alone. Also experiencing the no internet even though I’m on WiFi and LTE. (iPhone XS Max w/ Verizon)

21. Return Zero macrumors 6502a

Return Zero

Seems a whole lot smoother than before. Haven’t been able to test the cellular data dropout issue yet, but I know they got a lot of reports on that, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s fixed here too.

22. MrZippyUK macrumors member

I don’t see mention of any bugs, of which there are plenty. Including an account access bypass when restricted in screen time. And no force touch on the iPhone X, just the new long press.

23. AppleFan91 macrumors 68000

AppleFan91

Yeah, I don’t expect anything huge but hopefully since those are two larger bugs that just pumped up, they kill them quick.

24. Lucky736 macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

Last one took out my iPad. Unfortunately the backup didn't work either so I lost my data. Beta, yes, a backup not working as well...... works on all of the other devices. The iPad OS update this last time was trash.

I should be clear, it was Developer Beta 3 Version 1. Up until then Beta 1 and Beta 2 were fairly trouble free. Just typical Apple crap releasing stuff that isn't even Beta worthy and then coming up with a "fix." They knew there were issues when released, they just want to placate people at the risk of hiding behind it being a "Beta."

25. atomic.flip macrumors regular

atomic.flip

I've had constant radio resets and failed calls. This last beta has been a nightmare, hopefully the revised beta 3 will fix it.