Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 11.2 update to developers, one week after releasing the first beta of iOS 11.2 and a little under a week after releasing the iOS 11.1 update.

Registered developers can download the iOS 11.2 beta from Apple's Developer Center or over-the-air once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Developer Center. Apple already released beta 2 for the iPhone X, but this new beta will be available for all devices.

ios11.2beta-800x500.jpg

iOS 11.2 addresses an animation bug in the Calculator app that caused some numbers and symbols to be ignored when entered in rapid succession. The update removes the animations from the calculator app so calculations can be done quickly with no need to pause between entering numbers to obtain the correct result.

In addition to the Calculator bug, iOS 11.2 introduces a new Now Playing option for controlling content on the Apple TV in Control Center, redesigned camera emoji, and a new loading animation for Live Photos effects, and it appears to introduce the TV app for Sweden and Norway.

Several other promised iOS 11 features have not yet shown up in the current beta but could be added ahead of the update's release, including AirPlay 2, peer-to-peer Apple Pay, and iCloud support for iMessages.

Update: According to Apple's release notes, iOS 11.2 beta 2 adds a feature that lets developers offer new customers discounted introductory pricing for auto-renewable subscriptions on the App Store.

Article Link: Apple Releases Second Beta of iOS 11.2 for Developers

otternonsense

Suspended
Jul 25, 2016
Berlin
There's a strange bug on the 6S where TouchID does not respond when the phone is charging. I was hoping 11.1 would resolve it but no luck. It's happened to me on two devices so I rule out the chance of a faulty handset. Hope 11.2 does the trick. #smh :(

joro

macrumors 68020
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
is this same build as beta 2 for the X the other day

Yep, update not available for iPhone X but downloading right now on my iPad Pro. Build numbers should confirm.

Edit - build numbers are the same as the one released for the X on Friday (15C5097d).

Reactions: jocamero

maziar.d

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
ok. after having HORRIBLE battery life for most of my time with the iphone 7 (i think it started with 10.3 or 10.2), the beta 2 of 11.2 finally made it better, to the point that i can charge my phone once daily and get away with it. i don't what i should do, update to this and risk it getting back to being bad, or just keep beta 1

ronno

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2014
ok. after having HORRIBLE battery life for most of my time with the iphone 7 (i think it started with 10.3 or 10.2), the beta one of 11.2 finally made it better, to the point that i can charge my phone once daily and get away with it. i don't what i should do, update to this and risk it getting back to being bad, or just keep beta 1

Agreed. My 7 now gets 6 hours screen on time - way better than ever before.

Still assessing the battery life on my X though.

maziar.d

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
Agreed. My 7 now gets 6 hours screen on time - way better than ever before.

Still assessing the battery life on my X though.
that's exactly what i'm getting, i was so frustrated before, always fearing like my phone was broken or something. now it's finally like the day i bought it a year ago.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Yep. Perhaps beta 2 for the rest of the iOS world could be 15C5097x potentially. Not a huge jump but if released Monday then only a week later than b1 so a big jump may not be expected. That would also sync things up so b3 could be released across the board at the same time in another week or two.

Yep, update not available for iPhone X but downloading right now on my iPad Pro. Build numbers should confirm.

Edit - build numbers are the same as the one released for the X on Friday (15C5097d).
Cool deal thx
(as I pat myself on the back LOL) :)

maziar.d

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
Dunno but isnt the iPhone Plus supposed to get like 10 hours
yeah but the plus models always have better battery. at the end of the day if i can get through the day with a single charge i'll be fine. i'll charge the phone every night anyway, whether it has 5% remaining or 75%.

Vashetti

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2015
I hope it resolves the annoying prompt in the App Store to turn Bluetooth on.

maziar.d

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
In about 6 months, when they finally get to IOS 11.3.3, we might see most of the bugs fixed.
you would have thought that these long beta cycles for developers and the public would have led them to release bug-free updates, but for some weird reason things have gotten way worse.

I hope it resolves the annoying prompt in the App Store to turn Bluetooth on.
and the one that constantly pops up and tells me there's a new ios update. did you guys get that or was it just me?

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
you would have thought that these long beta cycles for developers and the public would have led them to release bug-free updates, but for some weird reason things have gotten way worse.

and the one that constantly pops up and tells me there's a new ios update. did you guys get that or was it just me?

i got that one yesterday all day long but not after i rebooted the phone

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Bug-free updates/software doesn't really exist.

maziar.d

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
Bug-free updates/software doesn't really exist.
yeah but there has to be some standard, right? specially with a huge company like apple. something ridiculous like the calculator bug, the "i" autocorrect bug in 11.1, the constant battery drainage that randomly pops up for people, i'm not sure if these are acceptable.

noraa

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2003
Landscape keyboard on iPhone is still nothing more than a rotated portrait keyboard. I really miss the landscape keyboard from iOS 10. It's about the only thing in iOS 11 that really bugs me, and I'm not sure why the change happened. I've submitted it as a bug report, but I'm not sure if it is even classified as a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.