Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
Did anyone else get this yesterday, late afternoon? I'm a public tester...

PS: I deleted my Peanut butter profile and was still on 9.1. Maybe thats why I got it yesterday? I'm assuming the one I downloaded must have been the developer version...? (so confused and hating betas)

PS2: Public beta, not peanut butter. :oops:
I was like what the heck is peanut butter. Some new android OS. Haha.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
"It includes a new Siri setting that lets users give voice examples for the "Hey Siri" feature that can be activated whenever the iPhone is connected to power."

I already have this feature in iOS 9, am I missing anything? Just turn off her Siri and turn it back on, then it will ask you for examples. My wife can't activate my iPhone anymore.

Yeah, I don't know why MR keeps incorrectly saying that the feature allowing Siri to be activated only by a specific voice is coming in 9.1. They're wrong. It was already here in the public release of 9.0.

Reactions: Traviswet

jamescharley22

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2014
Kayenta, AZ
I don't know if anyone else is having issues, but Settings couldn't find the update initially then Settings would always encounter an error after restarting. Fix: delete public beta profile, reinstall profile, and restart. Worked for me, hopefully works for you if you're having issues.

force4ever

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
Mysterious eye in speech bubble solved - 'speak' the emoji - "‍" and you get

Eye in speech bubble representing anti bullying campaign

Reactions: ErikGrim

Obiemi

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2010
Oxford, MI
Hopefully the next update 9.1 will fix the horrible Wifi signal on my iPhone 6 Plus! I've followed all the suggestions (reset router, reset Airport, toggle Wifi, reset phone, renew network, etc.) NOTHING! Come on Apple, why do we deal with WiFi issues with every update. Need any beta testers?

RichB93

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
Feels quicker, but that could simply be due to cleared caches etc. Running on both an iPhone 5 and iPad mini 2. No real bugs found; the screen rotation issues I had on 9.1 beta 1 on the iPad have been fixed though.

How is severe bug in iOS9 not related to iOS9 update?

Don't really want to start a massive flamewar but to put it bluntly, this thread is for the Second iOS 9.1 Public Beta. If the thread was called iOS 9.0.1 security bug found, it'd be relevant.

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Not sure why the 6 can't have the always-on Siri feature. More examples of Apple restricting simple software features to sell devices. I love Apple to pieces but something about the 6s just doesn't sit right with me. It barely seems like an upgrade, compared to the 5s which introduced TouchID at least.

Then, maybe it's just because I've decided I'm not buying one so I'm being a bitter jealous.

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
First thoughts: Spotlight slide down ULTRA laggy, and app switcher tremendously better. Control center is fine. Rotation is ablaze like iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.