Apple Releases Second Public Beta of iOS 10

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 20, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today released the second public beta of iOS 10 to public beta testers, two weeks after releasing the first iOS 10 public beta and just a few days after seeding the third developer beta of iOS 10.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 10 beta update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas. The video below will walk you through the necessary steps for installing the iOS 10 beta to give the new features a try. Betas are not stable and include many bugs, so they should be installed on a secondary device.

The second public beta of iOS 10 and the third developer beta of iOS 10 are likely identical, and in the developer beta, Apple introduced a new keyboard sound, an Accessibility option for using iOS 9-style Touch ID, haptic feedback when locking an iPhone, improved Quick Actions for sharing apps, and more.

iOS 10 includes a number of new features and design tweaks, like a new Lock screen experience, a revamped Messages app with background animations, bubble effects, Digital Touch, a full App Store and more, and a Photos app with impressive facial and object recognition capabilities.

There's a new Home app, and apps like Maps and Apple Music have been redesigned, plus there are hundreds of smaller tweaks and changes in the operating system, which we cover extensively in our iOS 10 roundup.

iOS 10 is available to developers and public beta testers at the current time, with a public release planned for the fall.

Article Link: Apple Releases Second Public Beta of iOS 10

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Sweet... downloading now. Beta1 has been meh but decently stable.

3. Kaibelf, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016

Kaibelf macrumors 68020

Kaibelf

I really hope this beta fixes the Pokemon Go camera issue. ;)

Well, that, and the odd bit where turning the phone on landscape sometimes makes only the left half of the video visible in general.

ADDENDUM: Sierra PB2 is live now too! I'm sure it will show up on another post but it just popped for me on App Store. 667MB download.

4. Dydegu macrumors 6502a

Dydegu

Looking forward to going back to iOS 9 Touch ID. The new one has been very clunky for me. I guess when I get a 3D Touch iPhone, it may become more useful because I can interact more with the lock screen?

5. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

Developer Beta Master Race here. It fixes.

6. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

Looks like PB2 of MacOS is out too, cheers!

7. Hustler1337, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016

Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Yep, Pokémon Go works if anyone's about to ask

8. ajay96 macrumors 6502

Yup 667mb on my 2015 rMBP

9. TurboPGT! Suspended

I suppose its a little more enjoyable with 3D Touch, but you aren't missing anything.

I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would want to stay with iOS 9's blow-past-the-lockscreen. I really wish Apple did not include this toggle. They got it right with iOS 10. They should have waited until like 10.3 before adding that toggle...force people to get used to the better way, and if they still don't like it by then, give them the option.

10. kapp2 macrumors 6502

kapp2

downloading :) ! also hope this beta is better, PB1 was very unstable :/

11. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Anyone on a 6S plus verify animations aren't slow, and pressing certain icons doesn't put you in "jiggle" mode?

12. TurboPGT! Suspended

Why is there always someone who asks this question. Yes. Its the same. The exact same. They are only released separately to guard against any unforeseen major issues going out to the Public beta testers.

13. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Were your animations slow in Beta 1?

14. heartburn macrumors member

To the developers running the equivalent beta, is battery life negatively impacted in this update?

15. BobVB macrumors 6502a

BobVB

downloading, only had two issues with 1:

1) Some third party apps, particularly banking apps, would crash out when trying to log on,
    2) alteration of the new Photos features like the People Album would cause CPU to massively spike rapidly draining the battery which wasn’t resolved even by a hard reset. It just took a very long time connected to power for it to calm back down. Person caveat: I have 52K of pictures on iCloud and so my phone is maintaining a massive facial recognition database.

16. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68000

H3LL5P4WN

It seems better than Beta 1 and 2 were, but it's still worse than 9.3.2/3/ For me, that is.

17. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

I have the first public beta installed but I don't see the new one on the over the air area, anyone know how to get it!??

Thanks

18. kapp2 macrumors 6502

kapp2

Would not say slow, the hole OS was just unstable, had one reboot on Air 2 and glitches in safari,

19. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

20. cardfan macrumors 68000

21. FasterQuieter macrumors 6502

FasterQuieter

Will there be a Watch OS3 public beta does anyone know? I have had very few issues with the public beta on my iPhone, but have found my iPad to be rather buggy.

22. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

I have the first public beta installed but I don't see the new one in the over the air area, anyone know how to get it!??

23. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

Mines there in the software update....

24. morcutt11 macrumors 6502

morcutt11

Then it just isn't available yet in your area. Hand tight. If you have first beta installed, then that means you have the beta profile installed and will be able to get subsequent updates as they are released.