Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases Seventh Betas of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
We'll see if they fixed the bluetooth AirPod connection 'banner' (11 Pro Max, AirPods Pro) View attachment 949981
Looks like that has been fixed:
---
Has anyone checked if Apple Ad Anti-Tracking Features from this release?
Seems like it's all still there:
Looks like it's still there....
[automerge]1599154278[/automerge]

It disappeared on my 11 Pro Max in the last DB, and is back now.

Comment

jmgregory1

macrumors 68020
It's funny how I can have my Watch, iPhone and iPad Pro all updating on my desk now, but still take calls on my old iMac while working. I used to have to wait until night time when I was done working to update or upgrade, but it's generally quick and easy enough to now do while working. Of course I say that looking at these three devices hoping that they update without issue.

Comment

iStorm

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
1 more before GM drops possibly.
Even if there is one (or two) more, it could still be awhile before the GM drops. The last beta for iOS 13 was in beta for 29 days before the GM dropped, and the last betas for other major iOS versions have typically spanned about two weeks or more before the GM. Comparing to previous major iOS releases, we are just over two-thirds of the way through. http://www.thinkybits.com/blog/iOS-versions/

Comment

Dave Pearce

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2020
On my phone the public beta is working fine, but on my iPad Pro 2020 some, not all, of the icons and folders are smaller than the others.

Comment

bigjay33

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
Curious to know how stable these releases are? Ready for primary device? Love to try it out this weekend.

Comment

HappyGeoCacher

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2019
Don’t thing so...
My backup phone (SE 1st gen) drain fast on beta 6.
In my point of view Beta 7 is really good and pretty close to an official release candidate. Nevertheless please take into account that there might be some bugs which could force you to go back to iOS 13. In that case it could lead to longer “reconstruction work” especially with banking apps. But in total I’m working with iOS 14 on my main device iPhone XS for a couple of weeks now without bigger problems or data loss (185 apps / there of 0 gaming apps but many banking apps, ApplePay, social networking, messaging, video conferencing, travel, photos and many others including intense use of phone calls).

Last edited:
Comment

Shirasaki

macrumors G4
May 16, 2015
Why are you so obsessed with this? No, GM is not coming that soon.
The iPad is still deleting my synced playlist and there’s someone demanding GM? What does that guy want? Rushing out a buggy release?

Comment

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
In my point of view Beta 7 is really good and pretty close to an official release candidate. Nevertheless please take into account that there might be some bugs which could force you to go back to iOS 13. In that case it could lead to longer “reconstruction work” especially with banking apps. But in total I’m working with iOS 14 on my main device iPhone XS for a couple of weeks now without bigger problems or data loss (185 apps / there of 0 gaming apps but many banking apps, ApplePay, social networking, messaging, video conferencing, travel, photos and many others including intense use of phone calls).
For the kind of use I am experiencing smooth trouble free one in my two devices so far XS Max & 11 Pro Max. Some widgets not showing up values got fixed. Overall ready for the realse I think

Reactions: arfbsantoso
Comment

arfbsantoso

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2019

Glad to hear.
Now downloading beta 7 on my SE.

Comment

thiscatisfat

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2016
I literally hate what they did with Homekit controls in the control center. It's ugly, small, empty space for absolutely no reason. What the heck...

Reactions: ThatsMrsGeek2U
Comment

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Pretty boring changes this update lol.
It's just a new beta, and beta 7 at that. If there was something more in it that would be rather unexpected, and actually not that good.

Comment

EJ Jones

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2020
Can anyone speak to the stability of the current Beta build? I'd like to try it out, but only have my main phone. Just curious if most apps have been updated to be compatible?

Comment

compwiz1202

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2010
Don’t thing so...
My backup phone (SE 1st gen) drain fast on beta 6.
Plus it's hard to tell since user have so many configs. My 11PM has been ok except for weird badge bugs, and even that is gone so far in 7, but others have reported worse issues. I never had any critical bugs the whole beta that didn't go away with a restart

Reactions: arfbsantoso
Comment

progressivebpm

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2016
Austin, TX
Seems to have fixed an issue I was having with the News app where Today would load, but after a couple "pages" of scrolling if you will, it just spun and wouldn't load additional stories/articles, which was a PITA because, well, that's where I tend to get my news.

Comment

spinedoc77

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2009
Bleh still no favorites when long pressing the phone app icon, I'm starting to wonder if this is a permanent change.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.