Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In celebration of the upcoming Lunar New Year on February 10, Apple has released limited-edition second-generation AirPods Pro with a Year of the Dragon engraving on its online store in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, and Macao. They are also available in South Korea, where it is the Year of the Blue Dragon.

AirPods-Pro-Year-of-the-Dragon.jpg

The special AirPods Pro have a dragon engraving on the USB-C charging case, and there is a red dragon printed on the box they come in. Otherwise, these AirPods Pro are unchanged in terms of features and pricing compared to the regular ones.

Apple has previously offered limited-edition AirPods Pro in some Asian countries for the Year of the Ox, Year of the Tiger, and Year of the Rabbit.

Apple also shared a Chinese New Year gift guide in the countries and regions listed above, along with Malaysia. As we previously reported, Apple is offering limited-time savings on a variety of products in China from January 18 through January 21.

Apple-Year-of-the-Dragon-Wallpaper.jpeg

From January 18 through February 13, free Today at Apple sessions with a Lunar New Year theme will be held in some countries, as spotted by Michael Steeber, who publishes the Apple retail newsletter Tabletops. He also noted there are window decals celebrating the Lunar New Year at select Apple Stores in Asia, along with a Year of the Dragon wallpaper available for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac on Apple's website in Hong Kong.

In the U.S. and many other countries, Apple is selling Year of the Dragon accessories from OtterBox and Mophie on its online store, including iPhone cases, an AirTag holder, and a battery pack, as spotted by 9to5Mac's Zac Hall. Apple is also releasing limited-edition Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones with a red-and-gold color scheme.

Apple recently offered a limited-edition AirTag with a Year of the Dragon engraving in Japan, in celebration of the Japanese New Year.

Article Link: Apple Releases Special AirPods Pro and More for Year of the Dragon

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I still have my 2020 CNY AirPods Pro. I remember thinking the little ox was so cute, I had to run to a friend in China to get these to me in the United States. I used them up until maybe a year ago, and in hindsight, I should have used a case...

IMG_3110.jpeg

IMG_3111.jpeg

IMG_3113.jpeg

IMG_3114.jpeg

Last edited:

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
In celebration of the upcoming Lunar New Year on February 10, Apple has released limited-edition second-generation AirPods Pro with a Year of the Dragon engraving on its online store in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, and Macao. They are also available in South Korea, where it is the Year of the Blue Dragon.
Too bad Apple isn't making these available in other countries. There are Asians/people who celebrate Lunar New Year who live outside of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, Macao, and South Korea.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
Too bad Apple isn't making these available in other countries. Asians/people who celebrate Lunar New Year live outside of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, Macao, and South Korea.
Also Mongolia

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Too bad Apple isn't making these available in other countries. There are Asians/people who celebrate Lunar New Year who live outside of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, Macao, and South Korea.
True, however this may lose the exclusivity where some people in that part of the world have in mind.

Last year, I happened to travel back to Hong Kong and purchased the year of the rabbit theme AirPods Pro even I already have two non-limited edition AirPods Pro.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Nah I’d rather have a discounted AirPods Pro and stick my own dragon sticker on it. You’ll have some problems with exchange and returns with special editions.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
February 10th is the Year of the Dragon, and many colleagues around are planning to have a baby in the Year of the Dragon. They say that the baby born in the Year of the Dragon is a baby dragon. ( Dragons symbolize power in China)
I missed out on being born a Dragon by a few hours.
So, I had to settle for being a Rabbit.

😁

BellSystem

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2022
Boston, MA
Maybe make special editions for markets other than China. It’s clear where Apple’s focus is. We all have holidays and traditions….I guess the rest of the world isn’t important.

Reactions: WWPD and iamgalt

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
what special anything do they release for other countries? seems like they kiss up to china a lot
Maybe make special editions for markets other than China. It’s clear where Apple’s focus is. We all have holidays and traditions….I guess the rest of the world isn’t important.
They're literally available in 6 other counties which also celebrate LNY.

If an AirPods case emoji is the kind of thing that triggers you, just buy one with free engraving. You can even get them with a similar dragon. It's not like the LNY case is red with a gold dragon.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 7.00.24 AM.png

Last edited:

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
So no emphasis whatsoever to fix the constant Bluetooth phone dropouts...typical.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.