Apple Releases Two New iPhone 6 Ads: 'Reservations' and 'Gamers'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 24, 2014.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today launched two new ads featuring the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which are once again voiced by Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake and highlight features like the iPhone 6's gaming capabilities and its ability to relay phone calls to Macs and iPads.

In the first humorous ad, entitled "Gamers," the focus is on the A8 chip in the iPhone 6, with the ad showing off the recently released multiplayer online battle arena game Vainglory. "The A8 chip is so powerful it brings gaming to the next level. I mean if you're into that kind of thing," says Fallon, before bantering with Timberlake about the gameplay.

The new ads launched today are the fifth and sixth iPhone 6 ads that Apple has released starring Fallon and Timberlake. The first two ads, "Duo" and "Health" were shown off during the iPhone 6's September debut, and two additional ads, "Huge" and "Cameras," were released later in September.

Article Link: Apple Releases Two New iPhone 6 Ads: 'Reservations' and 'Gamers'

2. joshwenke macrumors regular

joshwenke

I love Apple's advertising techniques. Maybe other companies should not bash Apple and take a look at how they make their ads!

3. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

Meh, they're okay. Not great, but not horrible.

4. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Hah, the second one was pretty good! Showed off cool features and was funny.

5. AngerDanger, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

These ads were brought to you with a grant from the Mute Button Awareness Foundation. The MBAF is proud to be in partnership with Apple.

[​IMG]

6. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

1st was fine, 2nd was good.

I like the fact that they are starting to have a bit more than pretty phrases from Ive in the background.

7. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Wish people would just admit the iphone is a great gaming device and by far the best portable.

8. JDee macrumors 6502a

You can't get much worse than that. I hope. Cheesy, tacky, unoriginal. Show off the features - don't have two characters having a fake & stupid conversation with each other.

9. g.t. rags macrumors 6502

10. WilliamG macrumors G3

Those ads are just horrible. The first was just a jumble of chat that went in one ear and out the other, and the second was just a mess of information that no sane person could possibly understand.

Heck, I use continuity and handoff on a daily basis and I'm still not sure what was going on in that second ad. I have no intention of watching it again to find out, either.

11. Amacfa macrumors 68000

Amacfa

I never played a MOBa until vain glory and it's actually super fun.

12. wovel macrumors 68000

Unoriginal?

13. JDee macrumors 6502a

Yes, I'd say unoriginal. The content of the ad was bland, the voiceovers just plain stupid. There was no 'oomph'.

If Apple said to anyone inexperienced in advertising on this forum to make an ad, I'm sure they would have no problem devising one very similar to the one that they've produced here. It's just rubbish.

14. PowerBook-G5, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

They were both great and I actually lol'd. But in the second ad, the Continuity demonstration seemed to be somewhat confusing in the way how they presented the devices.

EDIT: I think it's just too late (at night)...

Steve would NEVER have not allowed these ads!

15. ChazSch macrumors 6502

ChazSch

love the Malibu area code on the phone in the ads....I wonder who's number they are

16. brianvictor7 macrumors 65816

brianvictor7

17. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Is it bad that I actually chuckled with the second one? I just wish that Continuity would actually work as advertised, but sadly it still has a ton of bugs.

18. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

19. Millah macrumors 6502a

I know right? We need to get back to the days of Jeff Goldblum pretentiously narrating and saying "but gosh, you're just gonna sooo want one"

20. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

LOL you should learn the meaning of "unoriginal" .

You can say whatever you want about the add, worst ever if you want, but not "unoriginal".

21. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

pretty good I'd say. Anything's better than that chicken fat one they did for the iphone 5s.

22. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

When has Ive ever been in a TV ad? :confused:

23. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

With a background in advertizemication and marketingobtanium, I got nothin!

24. Will2145 macrumors 6502a

Will2145

Y they no make the music everyday, etc ads? They were a beaut.

25. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

No...

Couldn't be more off; the ads were charming, they didn't attack any other product, and I think it's pretty obvious they were showing off the features EXACTLY pertaining the title of the ads.