Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today launched two new ads featuring the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which are once again voiced by Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake and highlight features like the iPhone 6's gaming capabilities and its ability to relay phone calls to Macs and iPads.

In the first humorous ad, entitled "Gamers," the focus is on the A8 chip in the iPhone 6, with the ad showing off the recently released multiplayer online battle arena game Vainglory. "The A8 chip is so powerful it brings gaming to the next level. I mean if you're into that kind of thing," says Fallon, before bantering with Timberlake about the gameplay.

The new ads launched today are the fifth and sixth iPhone 6 ads that Apple has released starring Fallon and Timberlake. The first two ads, "Duo" and "Health" were shown off during the iPhone 6's September debut, and two additional ads, "Huge" and "Cameras," were released later in September.

Article Link: Apple Releases Two New iPhone 6 Ads: 'Reservations' and 'Gamers'

joshwenke

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
I love Apple's advertising techniques. Maybe other companies should not bash Apple and take a look at how they make their ads!

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
Hah, the second one was pretty good! Showed off cool features and was funny.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
These ads were brought to you with a grant from the Mute Button Awareness Foundation. The MBAF is proud to be in partnership with Apple.

s9i9Mbu.png

Last edited:

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
You can't get much worse than that. I hope. Cheesy, tacky, unoriginal. Show off the features - don't have two characters having a fake & stupid conversation with each other.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
You can't get much worse than that. I hope.

Those ads are just horrible. The first was just a jumble of chat that went in one ear and out the other, and the second was just a mess of information that no sane person could possibly understand.

Heck, I use continuity and handoff on a daily basis and I'm still not sure what was going on in that second ad. I have no intention of watching it again to find out, either.

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
Unoriginal?

Yes, I'd say unoriginal. The content of the ad was bland, the voiceovers just plain stupid. There was no 'oomph'.

If Apple said to anyone inexperienced in advertising on this forum to make an ad, I'm sure they would have no problem devising one very similar to the one that they've produced here. It's just rubbish.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
They were both great and I actually lol'd. But in the second ad, the Continuity demonstration seemed to be somewhat confusing in the way how they presented the devices.

EDIT: I think it's just too late (at night)...

Steve would NEVER have not allowed these ads!

Last edited:

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Is it bad that I actually chuckled with the second one? I just wish that Continuity would actually work as advertised, but sadly it still has a ton of bugs.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Yes, I'd say unoriginal. The content of the ad was bland, the voiceovers just plain stupid. There was no 'oomph'.

If Apple said to anyone inexperienced in advertising on this forum to make an ad, I'm sure they would have no problem devising one very similar to the one that they've produced here. It's just rubbish.

LOL you should learn the meaning of "unoriginal" .

You can say whatever you want about the add, worst ever if you want, but not "unoriginal".

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
You can't get much worse than that. I hope. Cheesy, tacky, unoriginal. Show off the features - don't have two characters having a fake & stupid conversation with each other.

No...

Couldn't be more off; the ads were charming, they didn't attack any other product, and I think it's pretty obvious they were showing off the features EXACTLY pertaining the title of the ads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.