Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released watchOS 10.3.1, a minor update to the watchOS 10 operating system that was released in September. watchOS 10.3.1 comes a few weeks after the launch of watchOS 10.3, an update that brought a new watch face.

watchOS-10-Launch-Feature.jpg

‌watchOS 10‌‌.3.1 can be downloaded for free through the Apple Watch app on an iPhone running iOS 17 or later by opening it up and going to General & Software Update. To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery and it needs to be placed on a charger.

According to Apple's release notes, the watchOS 10.3.1 update adds unspecified "improvements and bug fixes."

Article Link: Apple Releases watchOS 10.3.1 With Bug Fixes

Reactions: JapanApple

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
I get super annoyed with the OS update notice every time I use the watch after the update. I know it's updated, because I updated it. What other Apple device does this?

Reactions: Victor Mortimer

devonair

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2017
Huntington Beach
WatchOS 10 is crap compared to 9. Everything I use the watch for now takes more taps and clicks. Change for the sake of change.
Agree 100%. It's also frustrating that certain swipes and button presses that I already have muscle memory for do completely different things now. But the most annoying thing is that they got rid of the customizable Dock. There are multiple apps that I would use all the time that cannot be added to the new Shortcuts interface. Scrolling through the alphabetical list to find them is tedious and takes forever, and trying to tap a tiny icon in the useless grid view is difficult for anyone with adult-sized hands.

Orizaba

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
Having an issue with this update on Series 5, screen goes completely black shortly after booting up...

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I had to deactivate the feature where it automatically brings up what’s playing on audio because it stopped working before the last update, was briefly fixed and then stopped working again. Hopefully this one fixes it.

Reactions: CaptainFS

dashmr

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
Just installed 10.3.1 (coming from 10.3) on my S8. Install went smoothly, but my weather complication on the modular screen is now broken. Initially the weather app was also showing no data, but after a reboot it refreshed, however the complication itself is blank. Even tried changing it to another and back and no dice. Really disappointed with the number of iOS 17 bugs that have slipped through.

Reactions: Victor Mortimer

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
Anyone on watch OS 10 with series 4 watch… hows your battery life? Mine has been :/ and it was decent on watch OS 9.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Every single bloody time the watch is updated, my longest move streak encounters issues.
Be it skipping a day or two, or losing the streak altogether until a full unpair and pair fiasco.
How bloody hell is it that hard just to add 1 day from yesterday's streak? It is just 1st grade mathematics.

This release note is NOT enough for me to go through that hell AGAIN.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
Every single bloody time the watch is updated, my longest move streak encounters issues.
Be it skipping a day or two, or losing the streak altogether until a full unpair and pair fiasco.
How bloody hell is it that hard just to add 1 day from yesterday's streak? It is just 1st grade mathematics.

This release note is NOT enough for me to go through that hell AGAIN.

Math will be fixed in version 10.6.7

And broken again in 11.0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.