Apple Releases watchOS 5.1.3 With Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 22, 2019.

1. deathnite macrumors member

deathnite

5.1.3 installed fine on AWS4. This will update the EKG app from v1.1 to v1.2.

2. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

Thank you, I appreciate it. I may just wait until we get to 5.2 or 5.3 - I’m actually fine with 4.3.2.

I should ask, though - did they “fix” the dock? I think the 4.x dock is terrible compared to the 3.x dock.

3. Alameda macrumors 6502a

Alameda

That “improvements and bug fixes” line isn’t cute, it’s arrogant and disrespectful of the customer.

4. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

Want to post a video?

In seriousness, I have a running dialogue going with Apple Support on Twitter. So far they’ve had me try the standard things, like powering in and off and making sure the settings are all toggled on, etc... So far, no good.

5. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

Ok. @Applesupport was able to help. Following the tips they gave me (see below) I’ve gotten Raise to Speak working about 75-80% of the time. The difference changer seems to be the speaking before the screen wakes up.

===========================

6. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 65816

PhillyGuy72

Yep, this works, finally! Thank you.:)
    I've been doing this wrong for well...months! Would just finally say "Hey Siri" and that was that.

7. Pragati55 macrumors newbie

Pragati55

Is this update brings ECG app for other regions?

8. apolloa macrumors G4

How do you mean? Do you mean the number of apps that can show in the dock? If so is that apps marked as favourites or just how many run in the background?

9. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Working for me too - at last! Many thanks. Have a gold star!

10. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

Bug fixes are literally nothing to write home about. Find your favorite open source project on GitHub and see how long the issues-section entertains you.

11. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

What I was (snarkily) referring to is - I much preferred the horizontal dock of watchOS 3 to the vertical dock of watchOS 4.

12. pcunix macrumors newbie

pcunix

This update was a little strange. Normally, these updates just want the watch on the charger, but this one also asked for my watch passcode. That was fine on my wife’s watch but on mine (both Series 4) it hung and did not install until I took it off the charger, told it to proceed, and entered the passcode again.

13. Digital Dude macrumors 6502

Digital Dude

Arizona where freedom still means something
    Just installed the update 5.1.3 and seems that the keypad for entering my code is somewhat larger. Also, when I check the battery level from within the 'Control Center' etc., the screen of icons scrolls up more smoothly, and those icons are also larger. I don't have to place my finger near the bottom of the screen to access the 'Control Center' anymore; as anywhere on the screen now works. Tidbits for sure, but just an observation

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

After almost a day with 5.1.3 it does indeed look like it fixed delayed badges.

15. lesmikesell macrumors newbie

lesmikesell

Maybe there was a simultaneous app update, but this seems to fix the medisafe pill-tracking app staying in sync with the phone and being able to open all the sections on the watch.

16. apolloa macrumors G4

Blimey! I can't even remember that!! The watch seems alright on the new OS, the exercise app is a but more responsive but, speaking about the dock, its set to show favourites as opposed to recent because I read it helps make things run faster.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I hope this update fixes the issue I have with the Walkie Talkie app not connecting a lot of times, even when my husband and I are in the same location and network. It just seems quite buggy. It’s great...when it works.

18. Rod1949 macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same thing, I bought my watch in Canada so even though I’ve been in the US for 2 months I can’t us the ECG feature. Big sales pitch then no news for those of us with none US purchased watches. And there doesn’t seem to be anyway to contact apple to ask for an update.

19. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

I don't think Apple is going to activate this functionality without some pretty big press releases in the affected countries. They are not going to sneak it in to a minor update and say nothing.

20. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Yes, it'll be a fairly major announcement when this goes live in other countries.

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I did a scan of the thread and couldn't find what you're referring to. Can you provide a screenshot or link? I'm curious.

22. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

You must really go off on IOS app updates most use the same line. :)

23. dtmpowerm5, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019

dtmpowerm5 macrumors newbie

dtmpowerm5

24. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

Has anyone seen any reference to anything new in 5.2? I’ve seen absolutely nothing.

25. Joshsy macrumors newbie

Joshsy

I am still using the Series 2. So not much will change for it.