Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amssullivan28

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2016
Gold Coast, Australia
Happy to see Singapore get approval for the ECG app-here’s hoping more Asian countries medical regulators will approve the ECG functions on the Apple Watch.

Not much happening in Australia in regards to approval with our TGA authority.

Reactions: insomniac86

Pockets81

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2017
Anybody able to get walkie talkie to work? I’ve tried both watches updated we can both send invites to each other but neither of us actually get the invite from the other...

GregJohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2015
Saskatoon, SK
Much like most years, there’s always a feature, or major security fix that releases and those of us on beta just have to wait until Apple releases the next one, which is highly unlikely to be this week

SoGood

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Can't believe they still haven't brought the ECG feature up for Australia despite having the functionality in the advertising.

amssullivan28

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2016
Gold Coast, Australia
Yeah, and even Apple customer support could not disclose if Apple Australia has applied to the Therapeutic Goods Administration for ECG app approval or are in discussions with them when I called Apple support via phone.

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
Happy to see Singapore get approval for the ECG app-here’s hoping more Asian countries medical regulators will approve the ECG functions on the Apple Watch.

Not much happening in Australia in regards to approval with our TGA authority.

I’m thrilled to see it in Singapore too (though I can’t seem to get the new version to DL on ios13 beta.

As for Australian TGA, it’s not that different than HSA in Singapore. Having been peripherally involved in filings in the past, it’s generally very streamlined process once FDA, Health Canada and CE-IVD are all approved. I’d expect within a month or two most likely...

BustaPasha

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2019
Just as an FYI, your iPhone must be running 12.4 or later for the ECG app to working. 12.3 will work for previous countries, but for Canada, not sure about Singapore, your phone must be running 12.4

I was on 12.3.1, my health app never prompted me to setup the ECG, until I updated to 12.4

Arthur Czokalski

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2019
Not in Australia. Seems like we’re treated like the ugly sister by Apple at the moment. Would really like Apple to submit an application to the TGA going by this reply from the licensing authority:

Heart monitoring functions such as those in an Apple Watch meets the definition of a medical device, therefore needs to be included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) before it can be legally supplied in Australia. The Apple Watch is not currently included in the ARTG.

It is the responsibility of Apple to submit an application to the TGA to include its watch in the ARTG. The TGA undertakes assessment of a device on receipt of an application.

The TGA will review an application for marketing authorisation (inclusion in the Australia Register of Therapeutic Goods) and possibly approve such an application once one has been made in relation to the product."

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
Just as an FYI, your iPhone must be running 12.4 or later for the ECG app to working. 12.3 will work for previous countries, but for Canada, not sure about Singapore, your phone must be running 12.4

I was on 12.3.1, my health app never prompted me to setup the ECG, until I updated to 12.4
And even with b5 of iOS 13, no joy. Beta4 didn’t recognise Sg as a place where the ecg is allowed. B5 does, but won’t actually install the app on the watch. It tells you to install, but when you hit the button the update ends instantly with no update.

ken604

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2015
Not working for me either on iOS 13 Beta 5, Watch latest 5.3 Beta. I"m in Canada
Health app asks me if to "Set up ECG app" on watch but then when i launch health on watch tells me to open Health app on phone haha

cdarlington1

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2006
St. John's, Newfoundland
My issue is I have Apple Watch 5.3 with the ecg app. Updated to new iOS 13 pub beta. Launch health app, hit ECG and it says “you need to install ecg app on watch” but it’s already installed. I hit install and nothing happens.

Raymond Blinn

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2019
I’m still waiting to hear about the mass avalanche of false positives clogging up doctors and hospitals. I was promised this would create havoc in healthcare and I’m still waiting to see it.
I showed some of my ECG data to my cardiologist. He was impressed. Said it was very close to the EKG I had just had done in his office.

Reactions: nwcs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.