Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released watchOS 7.3.3, a minor update to the watchOS 7 operating system that was released in September. watchOS 7.3.3 comes three weeks after the release of watchOS 7.3.2, another minor update.

7.3.3-on-Apple-Watch-feature.jpg

‌‌The watchOS 7.3.3 update‌‌ can be downloaded for free through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update.

To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it needs to be placed on a charger, and it needs to be in range of the ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌iPhone‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌.

According to Apple's release notes, the software provides an important security fixes and should be installed by all users. A security support document says that the watchOS 7.3.3 update addresses a vulnerability that was actively exploited.
Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to universal cross site scripting. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
Given that this exploit may be out in the wild, Apple Watch owners should update as soon as possible.

Article Link: Apple Releases watchOS 7.3.3 With Security Updates

Last edited:

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
My AW6 is taking forever to update. I updated by 12 Pro Max and iPad Pro 11 starting at 1:07. They both finished at 1:23.

It's now 1:31 and the progress bar on the watch has barely moved. I started the update on the actual watch.

And yes, it's been on the charger the whole time and the watch is at 100% charge now.

FilmIndustryGuy

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2015
Manhattan Beach, CA
My AW6 is taking forever to update. I updated by 12 Pro Max and iPad Pro 11 starting at 1:07. They both finished at 1:23.

It's now 1:31 and the progress bar on the watch has barely moved. I started the update on the actual watch.

And yes, it's been on the charger the whole time and the watch is at 100% charge now.
you aren't crying loud enough. if only these updates could be instant so that you can go back to scrolling through random pictures on instagram

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I rebooted phone and watch as the download never even got anywhere. Now I get 'an error occurred....'

My guess is they pulled it. Glad you didn't brick your watch.

Says 'preparing' now so I guess all is well.

Last edited:

DeepIn2U

macrumors G3
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Didn't expect this today but glad Apple fixed a vulnerability.
I’m not sure what the cross-scripting exploit actually does, it is something that was actuively exploited too. I’m guessing Maps or a News article could visually change within the content.

has the fix for WatchOS to tríela understand what Mirror on Phone means?! As in I delete text or iMessage it’s deleted on Watch regardless of being in Sleep Mode or not, when not sync.

what you mean “nah this isn’t it”.

Attachments

• 65DDDED9-CE36-4CE4-91E1-9744E63E3236.png
    65DDDED9-CE36-4CE4-91E1-9744E63E3236.png
    498.1 KB · Views: 96

JasonFromAus

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2021
Couldn’t they use this chance to enable ECG in Australia? We have been waiting only since series 4 released
I originally bought my watch to use the ECG feature in Australia, I've been waiting 2 years now! My understanding is the hold up is with the Aus government?

mxrider88

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
I originally bought my watch to use the ECG feature in Australia, I've been waiting 2 years now! My understanding is the hold up is with the Aus government?
It has been approved about a month ago in Australia. And since then we have 2 watchOS updates and they still didn’t enable it..

DeepIn2U

macrumors G3
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
you aren't crying loud enough. if only these updates could be instant so that you can go back to scrolling through random pictures on instagram

I don't do Instagram and you can't do that from the watch. My concern was that the watch was frozen as it's been over a half hour.
Heheh .. he’s actually tried ;) lol. Just testing.

• Haha
Reactions: FilmIndustryGuy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.