Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Bring back TV show purchases on AppleTV

Ok, so the rental model failed. Now can they please put the TV menu back on non-US AppleTVs?

While they're at it, bring back the iTunes store for music, movies as well as TV shows.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I like the purchase model, but the price is too high really. If they would drop the price $1, that would be a huge difference.

I think a lot of folks would agree with you. 99 cents for the SD and $1.50-1.99 for the HD is more in line. Allow folks to 'complete my season' or even TV Plus if they got the SD and want the HD. Also, get all shows on HD and convince HBO etc to get their heads out of their butts about making folks wait for the DVD to come out. Wouldn't hurt if they would feature up the season passes with the stuff they put on the disks. Even to the point of adding commentary tracks, CC, visual add tracks etc to the shows. THe last two would get them major kudos from the accessibility lobbies.
Oh and get back the old seasons. I've noticed on several shows they had the first seasons when they aired and now they are missing. I'm sure it is due to syndie deals but why should it be. Have one set of deals about OTA service and another about downloads.

course we still have the issue that hulu, iTunes etc aren't counted in budget make good. something else it is time to get the heads out of the butts over. and how crappy the Nielsen system is in this day and age.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.