Apple repair fiasco - could really do with some advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlApple, Oct 10, 2014.

1. jlApple macrumors newbie

Hello,

So I have a UK based iPhone 5s, I am currently living in the Canary Islands.

I contacted Apple UK 1 month ago due to an issue with my iPhone, after much thought they decided that they could fix my iPhone and sent a UPS guy the next day to come and collect it saying it would take 1 week.

1 week on and nothing, the UPS tracking simply said something like 'no delivery date at this time' so I called Apple and they assigned someone to look into it and was trying to locate the parcel, it is in the Netherlands.

After there lack of assistance and understanding that I rely on my iPhone for work and am losing money I emailed Tim Cook, the next day I had a call from 'Executive Relations' thanking me for my email and said they would take over the case, she told me that they should have never have come to collect it as the support in the Canary Islands is done on the island itself and that Apple Care had made a mistake and that my iPhone was on its way back unprepared at which point I would take it to a repair centre on the island.

This was almost 2 weeks ago and I have spoken to her many times and it is still no delivery date and no idea really what is happening, it looks like its going to be some time before I get it back.

I wanted advice from anyone here to see if anyone has experienced something like this and what the outcome was. I wish they would just send out a replacement if its lost, I am losing a lot of money work wise as I am a developer, I am not sure if there are any legal rights here in terms of getting a replacement.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I haven't experienced anything like what you are experiencing. Call them back and tell them this is unacceptable and you expect to have a working phone in your hands by _________.