Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pianophile

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2002
Midwest
Where I live I see massive watches on guys writs.

I agree, big watches are a thing these days. It seems to me that the fetish for huge, thick watches is related to admiration for high-end, mechanical watches, e.g. Rolex, Patek, etc., which can be quite large. Bigger watches = more expensive, prestigious, etc., to some.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Even after a decade of R&D, microLED will continue to be the "Liquid Metal" of displays for years to come:

I.e. just like LM, it sounds cooler than it is, and barring a breakthrough, is as yet impractical to make in high volume.

I don't think anyone's even made a close up resolution RGB microLED display yet. All the watch-sized displays seem to be monochromatic.

That's why so far, everyone is concentrating on using microLEDs in either giant 30 PPI TV screens, or as high resolution single color backlights.

Hopefully one day someone will figure out how to mass produce it in a type suitable for mobile devices, but so far nobody's even close.

raghu8912

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2016
San Jose
MicroLED displays have many of the same advantages as OLED displays have over LCDs, including improved color accuracy.
I thought LCD Display has better color accuracy than OLED, i hate the blue tint in OLED when viewed at some angles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.