Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HumpYourWayUp

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Europe
Maybe I'd have a chance to change my tune if their irrelevance didn't force them to close 17 years ago. :p

LOL
WarHeadz 1 Stella 0
[doublepost=1482257256][/doublepost]
Closing of Sony Stores: I thought that was pretty common knowledge.

No! You did not think it was pretty common knowledge!
You thought that this little detail would make your whole argument sound completely pathetic... or maybe like an angry diva, Stella!
I am really sorry but why do you sound so butthurt when someone points out that Sony Stores were a disaster while Apple Store prosper?!? Bad day?

Reactions: WarHeadz

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Maybe I'd have a chance to change my tune if their irrelevance didn't force them to close 17 years ago. :p

Sony Stores didn't close 17 years ago...

LOL
WarHeadz 1 Stella 0
[doublepost=1482257256][/doublepost]

No! You did not think it was pretty common knowledge!
You thought that this little detail would make your whole argument sound completely pathetic... or maybe like an angry diva, Stella!
I am really sorry but why do you sound so butthurt when someone points out that Sony Stores were a disaster while Apple Store prosper?!? Bad day?

Yes, Actually I did think it was common knowledge. Maybe you don't read news etc ( or just not that interested, which is fine )? The closing of Sony Stores would be fairly significant in Tech consumer world and Sony still being a very recognizable brand.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Sony has for decades operated a company store at the Metreon Center adjacent to Moscone Center in San Francisco. Yes that's where the MacWorld San Francisco Expo used to be held and where countless Apple products were announced.

HumpYourWayUp

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Europe
Stop sounding like the Vice President of the Tech consumer world just because you are cornered.

Sony Stores didn't close 17 years ago...
Yes, Actually I did think it was common knowledge. Maybe you don't read news etc ( or just not that interested, which is fine )? The closing of Sony Stores would be fairly significant in Tech consumer world and Sony still being a very recognizable brand.

Stella, you always make yourself sound so over important!
Also your condescending assumptions like "You haven't got out much, have you" (To WarHeadZ) or "Maybe you don't read the news"(To Me)... Ewww.... Makes you sound mega arrogant and also makes you a bad debater!
Like a diva having a bad day, Stella!
(Oh any by the way, Stella. I read the news - I was the one sending you the news story about all those underperforming Sony Stores getting closed in Canada! LOL)

The closing of Sony Stores would be fairly significant in Tech consumer world

In the tech consumer world the ill fated Sony Stores are history - live in the present! LOOOL

Last edited:

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Stop sounding like the Vice President of the Tech consumer world just because you are cornered.
I'm sorry you feel that way - but I don't want to appear to sound like some fictitious VP of the Tech Consumer World.

I'm cornered? Doesn't feel like it to me.

All this started because I corrected your assumption that Apple Store's came before Sony Stores. Which is incorrect.

Your from Europe, and leaving in Europe? So I bid you good and enjoyable evening!

travisjaymoore

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
What does "three-digit million" mean, exactly? Does that mean they're offering at least 100 million?
For a retail location, that seems insane. But I don't know how else to interpret that wording.

Reactions: IJ Reilly

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I was about to say, I had no idea such a thing existed. Are these in Japan?

Plenty of Sony Centres left in the UK and there were many more till quite a few closed a couple of years ago after Sony's sales tanked. Two small towns near me had them. Sony lost its way. It wasn't the first big name to screw up and it won't be the last.

Unlike Apple's business, Sony Centres were franchised, I believe. Some parent groups weathered the recession better than others.

batchtaster

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
Really, it's getting ridiculous now. Just setup shop at a nice space. It's nice that they have money to spend but they don't have to be obnoxious about it.
Which would be the real estate equivalent of buying a Samsung. Just because you don't care and prefer to jam it just wherever because a store's a store doesn't mean it's wrong that they do.

Who's being obnoxious about it? Are they running around gloating about it or whining about how difficult it is to find the right pair of diamond-encrusted sunglasses? No. "Apple has reportedly." Let me repeat that. Apple. Has. Reportedly. The only reason you even know about this is through third-party, second-hand reports.
You are also apparently ignoring the fact that Apple don't just "setup shop." They do architectural restoration and the reach of what they redevelop often extends well beyond just their own retail space into the surrounding neighborhood, and they're already well known for liking to do it in historically significant locations. This is not new information. If Apple's going to be making that beyond-the-call-of-duty investment, why don't they have the right to choose just the right place for them to do it? Why do they have to pick the first spot someone hands them?

Last edited:

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I was about to say, I had no idea such a thing existed. Are these in Japan?

I think they exist only in Stella's dreams.

Sony has for decades operated a company store at the Metreon Center adjacent to Moscone Center in San Francisco. Yes that's where the MacWorld San Francisco Expo used to be held and where countless Apple products were announced.

Type first, read later?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.