Apple Reservation Status Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tawfiqmp, Oct 7, 2011.

1. tawfiqmp macrumors member

tawfiqmp

Making this thread for people who ordered through Apple.com and got a reservation number.

http://buyiphone.apple.com/status

Link above is for the status of the reservation although from what I can tell, most aren't able to get through at this time.

2. sal macrumors 6502

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Well shoot man, if people still aren't getting through then I'm golden just for getting a reservation. I got my "reservation" whatever that means at 0200 Pacific.

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Is this guaranteeing our October 14 delivery?

5. mrt209 macrumors 6502

I logged in to my account before I got the reservation email, I can go to the status page and it doesn't show any orders or reservation.

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

How many emails are you expecting to get? I'm sure they'll wait until the dust settles to send you back to finish.

7. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I can't get through that either. I think we will all just have to wait till later today. But it's nice to at least have the reservation

8. sal macrumors 6502

two, got one. waiting on the other.

9. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

Got the first email, just waiting for the second one. It doesn't appear possible to login at Apple to check reservation status until that second email comes in.

I was almost all the way through a preorder at AT&T's website -- without any trouble, I might add -- but got spooked because it looked like they were gonna toss my $5 messaging plan for 200 texts. They listed it and my unlimited data as incompatible. I picked the new unlimited data plan with no trouble, but there was no option to select a messaging plan. WTF.

Decided I'd try and let Apple handle it. Now that I've got a reservation there, I don't want to go back to AT&T for fear of the "two orders cancel each other out" issue that occurred last year.

Feh. I'm not going anywhere until that second email shows up. Hopefully it'll be within the hour.

10. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

I ordered about 10 minutes after the reservations started to be accepted by Apple. Just got the email but it's not a reservation. Instead, it's an actual order. Lucked out. :apple: Got my plans selected and everything. Maybe it was because i'm with Verizon instead of AT&T. :confused:

11. KCWolfPck macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

The 2nd email has instruction on how to complete tour order. I've already received mine with the link, but since I already successfully ordered thru AT&T I will be ignoring the apple order completion email.

12. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Wow, orders are now working and being processed but now I can't order one! I reserved one but once I put in my information, it says 'order already exists'... Reserving doesn't seem great now...

13. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

I received my reservation number after 2 hours of trying various websites. (both Apple and AT&T.)

I finally succeeded(?) in getting a reservation number by using the Apple Store App on my iPad to place the order.

I have not received any confirmation e-mails - it's been 30 minutes.

When I go to: http://buyiphone.apple.com/status it does show my reservation number, so I guess I'm "in line" now.

Not a very friendly launch. If I didn't have so much travel planned on the 3rd week of October, I would have just sat this one out and grabbed one after the initial rush.

14. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

sounds like verizon peeps are having no trouble.

15. paul2241 macrumors newbie

great, now I have 3 reservation confirmation numbers in my inbox. Hopefully they don't all get canceled, and I get at least one email for actually ordering. I can't believe how poorly this was handled.

16. Foo4Everlong macrumors member

Really? U already see your reservation number? I have received my first email, but when I use that link it does not show my reservation number yet. Hoping it shows up soon! Thanks for the info. Later

17. tawfiqmp thread starter macrumors member

tawfiqmp

Probably don't expect to see anything until morning at the very earliest. But a reservation number is at least something.

18. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Still have not gotten the second email about my wife's reservation. But I was able to go straight in on my number to upgrade and buy one just now. Annoying... Seems like they had over a year this time to prepare and still managed to recreate the mess from the iPhone 4 midnight pre-order.

19. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

The reservation email states thy order status will be unavailable for 24 hours so I wouldn't sweat it.

20. April Knight Suspended

I'm pretty pleasantly surprised. I was going to try and just stay up until 3AM EST, but got kind of tired around midnight and set an alarm for 2:30. Unfortunately I was dumb and had my iPad muted, so I woke up at like 6:00 and hopped on the Verizon website. No troubles whatsoever. Got my 32GB Black iPhone 4S (my first iPhone!) preorded and a confirmation e-mail was sent out with a delivery date of BY 10/14.

This will be a long week. :p

21. blacka4 macrumors 6502

I just was able to complete my order at Apple.com. but when i went to select the applecare+ it had no option to purchase. Now I am attempting to call in and get it added to my weborder so I can still get it.

btw I have my web order number but what theis reservation number for?? Pick up in the store?

22. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

you can call when you receive your iphone in the mail.

23. tturner macrumors newbie

Cancel Apple reservation?

So, after having no luck with the app, I was finally able to get a reservation for the 4S through the Apple Store. But now it sounds like orders are going thru for others. Anyone have any thoughts on whether I can or should cancel my Apple reservation?

24. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Still getting:

when checking status of the reservation on apple.com. Have not yet received 2nd e-mail. First at 5:15 AM EST.

25. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I had no problems getting mine throught Verizon, other than not being able to order the applecare+. Verizon doesn't offer it at all and when I went through :apple: I wasn't able to add it to my cart. :confused: Now I'm stuck getting the poop extended warranty through Verizon. :( Is Verizon blocking it or something?