Apple Retail Store Opening in Fort Worth, Texas

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 19, 2008.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The Apple Store University Park Village will open to the public on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. CDT. The new store is in Fort Worth, Texas and represents the 15th Apple Store in Texas but the first in Fort Worth.

More information at Apple's retail site.

Article Link

2. FoxDie macrumors newbie

Bigger Screens

Will all the models of every apple device have bigger screens because everything is bigger in texas

Good Job apple you figured out how to have bigger screens without raising the cost to anyone... thank you

3. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Whens my town coming? ;)

4. spacedout17 macrumors member

spacedout17

Thank Goodness!! I have been waiting for this! Now I don't have to go all the way to South Lake or Dallas to go to an apple store. :D

5. Tricky121 macrumors newbie

Yeah, when I got the iphone and then the iphone 3g the screens measured in at 3.6 inches rather than the 3.5. They also had bigger capacity, 32 Gb for the original and 64 Gb for the 3g.

6. classicmac1988 macrumors newbie

classicmac1988

woohoo - way closer for me too. This sure beats the wimpy "Apple" section in BestBuy stores.

7. trunks2872 macrumors newbie

This is awesome! I live south of Fort Worth, and previously had to drive at least an hour to an Apple store, now there's one within 15 minutes of me.

Do they tend to do anything special at store grand openings, any freebies passed out or special deals?

8. autumn macrumors member

9. bigmc6000 macrumors 6502a

Woo! Now when I get done getting my hair cut there in the shopping mall I can go down to the Apple Store and drool! haha

Can't wait for the new AlumiMBs. (fingers crossed)

Man, I'm going to need to work OT, I've been able to hold off buying anything because I'd have to drive so far but now - oh man...

10. polar-blair macrumors regular

Make One In EDinburgh SCotland, Already, My nearest one is 4 hours away, to far to drive just to drool over macs, Ive never been to an apple store before, might go to the one in London I fI go again, they look so cool.

Hey steve Jobs if your listening.

EDINBURGH wants an apple store! Now!!!:p

11. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

glad to see more apple retail stores. i really like them, and the more they are, the easier it is for people to take their computer in for repair, and get help when needed

12. rlmccormick macrumors regular

I guess Fort Woth crossed their mind.. ;)

It's about a 45 minute drive from me but I might go check it out on opening day.

13. dildooba macrumors newbie

ft worth congrats

I am buying a MB or MBP this Fall so I'll now head to the Ft Worth store (though the Dallas ones are about as close). That area of Ft Worth is real nice. The Colonial and of course TCU. Lots of great things happening in Ft Worth these days.:)

14. waffle911 macrumors regular

Now I can stand outside overnight waiting for the new MacBook Pro and iPod Touch! I wonder when its going to open? If it opens in September, how much you wanna bet that it opens on release day? They wouldn't ship an entire store's worth of stock that would be obsolete in just two weeks. Then again, it wouldn't be Apple's entire lineup that's getting a makeover now, is it?

I know, wishful thinking :p

15. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

It's usually quite a party. Giveaways include t-shirts and maybe some other small swag. It might depend on how big the store is, but here's a video of the Boston Apple Store opening I went to in May:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg8GcLTp8es

Highly recommended event if you're in the area! :D :) :apple:

16. dildooba macrumors newbie

17. Clayne macrumors 6502

cool, but Southlake is only 15 minutes from me, and Ft. Worth + Dallas stores would be 30+.

18. fangiotophia macrumors newbie

fangiotophia

Fort Worth Store Meetup

So, I drove by the store yesterday and it looks fairly large (we're not talking SoHo or anything) so who knows what they might be doing for the grand opening. Anyway, it's only about 15 minutes from where I live so I am planning on heading that way around 9:30 a.m. Looks like there will be scattered thunderstorms, so you might bring an umbrella just in case, but I doubt there will be a line to get into the store.

I was planning on bringing a cooler with drinks and such for kind of a tailgate party, but if the weather is bad, I probably won't.

Anyway, hope to see some of you there and check out the new store!

:)

19. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I've lived in Fort Worth for basically my entire life, and moved to Austin yesterday.

Talk about bad timing.

At least there are Apple stores here -- though I will miss the grand opening craziness.

20. Oneness macrumors regular

I don't know about bigger, but it is closer. I will now be 1.1 miles from an Apple Store.
    Everyone can now commence to being jealous.:p

21. waffle911 macrumors regular

Assuming school doesn't eat up all of my time, I think I might consider applying for a job there. Anyone know what the training requirements are?
    It was either :apple: or work for Geek Squad at Best Buy (which is closer to where I live).

22. Tricky121 macrumors newbie

Really? I live in a van down by the river. The new store is about 500 yards from where I live currently!

23. Oneness macrumors regular

Is that your van? I've seen it and wondered whose it was. Not many of the Chevy Good Times vans left around.:p
    Will you be taking a bath in the river before you go to the Apple store?

24. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Ditto.

25. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

^ What about the Willow Bend store? :D I'm surprised they didn't place a store in Frisco. Seems everything is being built there. Stonebriar Mall would be a good location methinks.