Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Jeeze!… The irony!

Yes its a mistake waiting to happen. Thats why I said it. Im venerable too if the packaging looks too similar and I'm in a rush. I may choose a non apple branded product when I meant to pick up an apple branded one. e.g. the keyboard looks to similar.
Not that I'm picking up some speakers instead of a mouse.

And older non tech people will be more at risk. Think grandparents shopping.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
With the logo of the manufacturer present on the front of any packaging (see article photos showing "Logitech" and "Mophie" how would you think these are Apple-manufactured products?

I know many people who have no idea that "mophie" or "Logitech" are brands, people that come into an Apple Store don't even know the difference between an MacBook and MacBook Pro , they just call it an apple laptop.

after reading these two posts its made me rethink.

I guess we have to see the packaging to really judge. Maybe it will look more like our avertars and iPhone contacts. example - a white box with the logo in the corner so we can see who its made by/posted by. And this may better reflect the internet as we see it today. And so bring the two worlds together.

Tech198

macrumors P6
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
There ya go folks.. The first (and only Apple store) photo on MR u would ever see empty.

Wonder if these guys get board standing there all day, but then perk up smiling as someone enters.

Neat Chandelier.

Apple like changes... Just when u get used to something... they come at u around the corner being very "spy-like"

Last edited:

MacATDBB

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Michigan
The store looks good, although the employees seem to be on the verge of launching into the opening number of the Book of Mormon

"Hello, my name is ..."

Reactions: scott911

hutchitl

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2009
Yeah, I'm not really seeing the point of this. And I absolutely disagree that Apple packaging is always top notch. Hello, iPhone cases and Smart Covers anyone? The packaging on those is hardly impressive.

I think the reasoning behind this is so that the shelves and walls of Apple stores will be uniform in product packaging. Purely for aesthetics. From a marketing and design perspective it makes perfect sense.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
well doesn't this highlight the problem ...

Have no idea what you're going on about. But lets get back to the original point, that you (my assertion, since you can't speak for others) will have difficulty figuring out what's inside the product boxes used under Apple's new packaging program for select vendors.

I believe others will look at the printed labeling, brand logos, and product photographs on the box and figure out what's inside box.

If the above is not accurate, why do you believe that you will not have an issue, but others will?

I don't think you can speak for other people, but are certainly qualified to speak for yourself.

Last edited:

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Have no idea what you're going on about.

exactly the problem I'm highlighting *yawn*

I have failed to explain it to you so I take responsibility.

ps... I know people. I am not a youngster so I can speak from experience and can speak for others actions.

pps.. no need to reply.

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
You would have thought the manufacturers would have gotten the clue a while ago, as Apple's packaging has always been top notch.

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
I don't really see a need for this except for apple to make the stores even more sterile and robotic.
The only way to do that is stop people coming in and buy things?
Oh , wait, they're doing that kind of thing on release days aren't they?

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
If you are not able to explain what you want them to understand then you are the one to blame, not them. Yes it is that easy.

You've clearly never run a business smart alec. Most of the time, they wont even read what you've written and ask exactly whats in front of them - even if they're spending £4000 on something, its baffling. A large portion of people are stupid. End of.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011

I have failed to explain it to you so I take responsibility.

ps... I know people. I am not a youngster so I can speak from experience and can speak for others actions.

pps.. no need to reply.

You know people. Therefore you can speak to their reasoning abilities and intelligence. You would have no trouble understanding the new Apple vendor packaging. But you believe other people, not having the same abilities as you, would.

Got it.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
pps.. no need to reply.

You know people. Therefore you can speak to their reasoning abilities and intelligence. You would have no trouble understanding the new Apple vendor packaging. But you believe other people, not having the same abilities as you, would.

Got it.

well don't we like to argue. :rolleyes:

I get your point. I fully understand your point of view. Its just I don't share it.

Now.

DCHmHrxi4PG92.gif

kds1

Suspended
Feb 17, 2013
New York, New York
Why do all of the NY stores look so much classier than the LA ones. All we get is high ceilings and lots of glass.

Because you can't compare L.A. to New York. New York is a real city. L.A. is unmitigated, ugly sprawl. San Francisco will have a better store than anything in L.A. too. And London, and Paris....

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011

Got it.

well don't we like to argue. :rolleyes:

I get your point. I fully understand your point of view. Its just I don't share it.

I don't like to argue, but I very much like to understand what makes some individuals a cut above the rest.

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
Because you can't compare L.A. to New York. New York is a real city. L.A. is unmitigated, ugly sprawl. San Francisco will have a better store than anything in L.A. too. And London, and Paris....

SF stores are no better or worse than LA ones. They're exactly the same. NY is nice and compact with great public transportation. The big cons for me are the trash in the streets and cold winters. To each their own, right? Next time try to stay on topic instead of using my comment as an excuse to bash. Nothing of substance was gained.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.