Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Employees at Apple retail stores are planning for overnight updates following the September 12 "Wonderlust" event, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman. Apple retail workers will be getting stores ready for the launch of the iPhone 15 models and other devices.

iPhone-15-Pro-Colors-Mock-Feature.jpg

Gurman suggests that the overnight update could be because Apple is planning for near-immediate availability of new products after the event, but it could also be time that is used to put up new marketing materials. It is not unusual for Apple retail stores to receive overnight updates ahead of new product launches.

If Apple follows past product debut timelines, the iPhone 15 models will be available for pre-order on the Friday after the event (September 15), with a launch to follow the next Friday, which would be September 22. While there were rumors several weeks ago about potential delays for some of the iPhone 15 Pro models, more recent information has suggested those issues have been solved.

We are now expecting all four of the iPhone 15 models to launch simultaneously, though it is likely that the 15 Pro and Pro Max will be available in more limited supply than the standard iPhone 15 models.

Apple at the event is also expected to introduce new Apple Watch Series 9 models, the Apple Watch Ultra 2, and a version of the AirPods Pro 2 that come with a USB-C case. With the new iPhone models and the AirPods Pro transitioning to USB-C, the store downtime could be related to a push to inform customers about the change, but it could also be aimed at the iPhone 15 Pro Max, which will have a unique "periscope" telephoto lens.

Article Link: Apple Retail Stores Updating Overnight After 'Wonderlust' Event in Preparation for iPhone 15 Launch

Let us test out the iPhone model before pre-ordering goes live. The renders don't help much.

It would be nice if Apple could have the iPhone 15 products on display a few days early so people can test out the new material Titanium. In addition, I'm glad to hear that all iPhone 15 models are launching simultaneously. This is great news!

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Let us test out the iPhone model before pre-ordering goes live. The renders don't help much.

It would be nice if Apple could have the iPhone 15 products on display a few days early so people can test out the new material Titanium. In addition, I'm glad to hear that all iPhone 15 models are launching simultaneously. This is great news!

Seriously. Trying to decide on a color while solely relying on Apple’s marketing images, which may or may not be anything like the color in real life, is really not great.

xpxp2002

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2016
Seriously. Trying to decide on a color while solely relying on Apple’s marketing images, which may or may not be anything like the color in real life, is really not great.
I really wish they had them available to see in store before availability so that I could hold one and assess the size and weight, and compare to my current phone. While I'm not enthused about another large 6.1" Pro model, the titanium chassis being lighter than the stainless steel might make it more tolerable.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
In my opinion, we’re not going to get an ultra model we’re just gonna get the iPhone 15 Promax we might get the ultra next year.

The one more thing will be the brand new Apple Watch because of the anniversary of the Apple Watch like the anniversary of the iPhone when they released the iPhone X.

I’m looking at different sites Like manufacture, like Pitaka they do not show ultra anywhere.

They usually do the pre-orders at the same time 8 AM Eastern time before in the past it would be a different time you would have to stay at the entire night to get your pre-order in.

I prefer the earlier time because I can set up my alarm earlier wake up and be there on time.

I'll be getting one of the best phones in 512 GB or one terabyte storage and the Apple Watch series 9 alongside the brand new AirPods once I sell my AirPod pros that I got last year.

Attachments

• IMG_8590.jpeg
    IMG_8590.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_8589.jpeg
    IMG_8589.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_8592.png
    IMG_8592.png
    1 MB · Views: 132

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I really hope Apple doesn’t pull a Samsung. I hate that they open pre-orders same day as announcement.

if we’re talking about display models. I’m all for it.
Yeah but Samsung leaks real product photos like a sieve. I always have my Galaxy phone picked out days in advance. Even when I’m undecided between two or more colors, I still know what they look like in real world photos.

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
Imagine if they do the waiting in line thing, dont think I can do that again at 33. Had so much energy and spare time when I was younger. Who knows I've said I won't be ordering a new iPhone every year but it happens. Hope we can order online if it's going to be same day / next day launch.

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2021
Next article next week by Apple Marketing: iPhone 15 Pro Max and Ultra sold out in 2 hours. New record in Apple History, people are loving our best iPhone yet. Demand far exceed expectation.

Truth: Could not produce that much because of, design issues, materials shortage, inflation, world politics.

Hope they calibrate the new Periscope Lens accordingly, not making it vibrate or zoom in/out vigorously like with the iPhone 14 when they introduced a new camera setup.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
I really wish they had them available to see in store before availability so that I could hold one and assess the size and weight, and compare to my current phone. While I'm not enthused about another large 6.1" Pro model, the titanium chassis being lighter than the stainless steel might make it more tolerable.
You can always preorder and, once you have it in hand, you know if you want to keep it or not. If not, just return to Apple in less than 14 days. Apple knows they really don’t have to have them in store before the date of purchase.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Apple’s return policies are quite liberal, though. Pick it up on day one, color not right? Return it.

Yeah but the 14 Pro series was back ordered for weeks last year and in-store stock would disappear literally within minutes of it showing up for like the first month. I pre-ordered the 14 Pro and decided to switch to the Pro Max once I had the 14 Pro, and it took me days of nonstop stock checking and a Mac app that gives you in-stock alerts to be able to get the 14 Pro Max model I wanted, and I still had to drive an hour to get it. It took me so long to get the model that I literally returned my 14 Pro on the last day of the return window because I couldn’t get my 14 Pro Max any sooner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.