Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsamillion

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2007
Pasadena, California
Hey! My nephew is asking... does anyone know if $101 discount on the MacBook Pro can be used in addition to the Student Discount that Apple offers?

I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to be sure.

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
With that said, I bought the MBA from Best buy for 1100 as that was what I wanted and is priced better than any Black Friday Deal.

Exactly. I bought that for store pickup, BUT I don't plan to pick it up in case a better deal turns up. It's a great deal, but I'd really prefer the higher end model. If Friday rolls around and there are no deals from Apple or another retailer on the 256gb model, I'll pick it up for the store. Otherwise, I can cancel.

Now if someone can get me the discounts that Mac Mall and Mac Connection will be running I would really appreciate that (need a new Mac Mini Server and I don't have to pay tax).

I'm on my third Mac mini. I use it as a server for PHP/web etc. great little device. My recommendation, though is to NOT buy the server config which is overpriced. Buy the most appropriate regular model, and use the App Store to buy/download Lion Server for just $40 or so. I got the i7 256gb SSD model, and it's very fast.

WAHMShelley

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
Sounds like a great deal to me!!!

You just have to love this time of the year, if for nothing else to rack up on some treats for yourself and your loved ones...I would love the treat of having my very own MacBook or iPad...I am working toward my dream!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.