Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Hopefully next year they will offer an iPhone X in product Red, that would be nice.

I think it would depend on sales.

In my opinion i cant help but feel the RED iPhone 7 only served one true purpose, which was to bait people/drive sales going into the midway cycle when sales typically slow down. As the 7's time in the spotlight is over, there was no need to keep it in circulation anymore.

This year though the real flagship is actually something new, and it also ships much later than earlier models, so we shall see. I personally don't see it coming back though.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Shame, I kinda liked it. Especially with the white front, I feel this phone would look great when scuffed up. (strange opinion, I know)

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I think its actually kinda cool they phased it out conceptually— but I’m not in the market for one so I’m biased.

It was supposed to be a limited edition right?

Sucks for anyone who was just about to pull the trigger on one, and looking for that post-event discount on one, definitely— I feel for those folks

However, I like seeing companies stick by their word when they say limited and Actually mean it

Limited is tossed around all too often as a buzzword

Reactions: JamesPDX

KAZphoto

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
I wish they would arrange their iPhone product line with one less GB choice, as they've now done because of the X, but instead give more options for colors. I think more mid cycle limited colors that people could expect would also help keep the demand from being so crazy on launch day.

JamesPDX

Suspended
Aug 26, 2014
USA
If they only offered 1000 red phones, etc., then it would be a limited edition. It's just marketing.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Love my red 7+. Zero issues with the coating. I've had several friends asking if I want to sell mine today. :) I think I'm going just keep it.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
The 7 was the fastest EOL iPhone in history. One year & it's gone. Usually the prior years's model sticks around for another year at $100 discount.
Not true--the 7 is still for sale, it hasn't been EOL'ed. And price was reduced to $549/649.

In fact, they've also kept the 6S, at least for now... $449/549. Great value imo.

P.S. And the SE was reduced to $349, excellent value for an A9/2GB platform (6S class).

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
I was hoping for more color choices for the ipad pro sleeve. Sadly only the 10.5" got them. :(

I have had red cases for the iPhone 6 plus, 7 plus and my old Air 2. Wanted the sleeve for my new 12.9"

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
That's a shame, I very nearly bought one as they were on a massive discount recently (I guess the shops knew ahead of time they were for the chopping block) but cheaped out and got an SE instead. I love the idea of having a bit of colour and of course more importantly the good cause.

BaccaBossMC

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2016
NC, USA
What was not to like about the Product(RED) iPhones? They were beautiful, and they helped to support a great cause. Apple better bring them back!

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I'd love a red version of iPhone X with the black front bezel.
The only thing I didn't like about iPhone 7 red was the front

Reactions: Loge

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
Are they selling through what remaining stock they have on hand in stores or just pulling all inventory and not selling anymore? They were at my local store a few days ago.

CasparAremi

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
I assumed it was released six months after the phone release to give a bump in sales in what is traditionally a quiet time of year. The previous year the released the SE around the same time. I had a feeling they might do this every year going forward - in March, they release a new variation on the current models - a new colour range, or an update to the smaller form factor.

Hopefully next March will see a speed bump for the SE - my parents love theirs, and don't want to get a phone the size of a 6/7/X.

Reactions: LotusLord

LotusLord

macrumors 6502a
I assumed it was released six months after the phone release to give a bump in sales in what is traditionally a quiet time of year. The previous year the released the SE around the same time. I had a feeling they might do this every year going forward - in March, they release a new variation on the current models - a new colour range, or an update to the smaller form factor.

Hopefully next March will see a speed bump for the SE - my parents love theirs, and don't want to get a phone the size of a 6/7/X.
I'm also hoping for a spec bump to the SE. Not for myself mind you but for my parents. My mom loves the 4 inch form factor. My dad I think will be getting a 7 Plus or 6s Plus.

Haust

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2011
Are they discounting the price and selling them at Apple Stores or anywhere else or were they all removed and are no longer for sell?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.