iPad Apple reuse programme

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
What are the advantages of the apple reuse programme compared to selling yourself?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
You trade it in to offset the cost of a new purchase. It will be less then if you sell it outright.

Convenience in exchange for a lower cost

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I looked at selling my iPhone 5 to them to help fund my iPhone 5s and to be honest they were not the best deal.

leebroath

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Unless you need the cash very quickly or you don't have much time to sell,

avoid Apple programme like the plague, it's absolutely useless

Considering you purchase the product at the high end, apple will only give you what it probably ACTUALLY cost to make lol

gnasher729

macrumors P6
Nov 25, 2005
What are the advantages of the apple reuse programme compared to selling yourself?
Where Apple has these programmes, you know that the buyer won't try to cheat you out of your money, but you won't get as much as selling yourself (but again, the highest bidder might very well be a cheat not intending to ever pay you). And it's more convenient.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Where Apple has these programmes, you know that the buyer won't try to cheat you out of your money, but you won't get as much as selling yourself (but again, the highest bidder might very well be a cheat not intending to ever pay you). And it's more convenient.
Definitely a convenience factor, plus I wonder how many typical consumers actually sell their iPhones. This will give them an avenue to get a little money instead of having an old phone sitting in a desk drawer

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
The Apple program is convenient, but you get more selling it yourself.

So you would need to weigh hassle-free exchange versus hassles of self sale including unscrupulous buyers.

threelions

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
The Apple program is convenient, but you get more selling it yourself.

So you would need to weigh hassle-free exchange versus hassles of self sale including unscrupulous buyers.
I can only speak for the UK but most Exchange places like CEX offer a better trade in value than Apple so you can get more elsewhere with little risk.