Apple Rises to Third in Annual Fortune 500 List of America's Largest Companies

Logiarius

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2015
Man, those profits sure look good. Stockholders must be really happy. The high-price, high-margin, high-cachet combo is hard to beat.

Sadly, while Apple IS innovating, they're just not doing so in the spaces that matter the most to me: Mac hardware and ALL software.

I really couldn't care less about iOS-based devices (due to iOS software), but that's where they're focused on and innovating at an accelerated space (on the hardware side).

Hopefully, they'll get this all out of the way so they can finally direct their attention to the glaring gaps in iOS usability and the unacceptably neglected state of the Mac (in my opinion, of course).
[doublepost=1558067114][/doublepost]

Not true. The idea is to hook up anywhere there is a terminal available with just a single cable, and you have a better-than-ipad desktop experience.

It's pretty convenient actually, and I've used it myself quite a bit. It'd be nice if Apple did something like this as well.

Here's the details, if you're actually interested:

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-dex/
Ahh They finally allow users to use a smartphone as a input device. Fair enough.

But you still needs a monitor to use your phone as a pc which again, is quite stupid in my opinion.

Oh and by the way, that Dex Cable, what I’ve heard is that it has a performance limit. You cannot open five windows at once. If you exceed five windows, it automatically shut down one fo the windows.

I’ll just stick at my good old Lenovo laptop. Much better performance, built -on keyboard, trackpad and monitor, can install Linux and Windows. Seriously in every aspect the laptop wins.

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2019
Ahh They finally allow users to use a smartphone as a input device. Fair enough.

But you still needs a monitor to use your phone as a pc which again, is quite stupid in my opinion.

Oh and by the way, that Dex Cable, what I’ve heard is that it has a performance limit. You cannot open five windows at once. If you exceed five windows, it automatically shut down one fo the windows.

I’ll just stick at my good old Lenovo laptop. Much better performance, built -on keyboard, trackpad and monitor, can install Linux and Windows. Seriously in every aspect the laptop wins.
Oh no question, for me a laptop is THE computing device that bridges all worlds better than anything else.

But that is not the scenario this is trying to cover (yet, I think).

I understand Samsung's sentiment that mobile is the future of computing, which mirrors the whole "iPad as all the computer you'll ever need post-pc" paradigm.

For those that do all their computing on a mobile device, such tech provides a way to not need the tablet as an in-between device, and provides a better-than-mobile-os experience when "docked".

Those people could travel with a phone, charger, and cable and that's it...not even a backpack is required.

It'll eventually get to the point where for many, this is all they'll ever need. With Apple's A chip power, they could do this with ease.

PickUrPoison

macrumors 601
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Apple is a Chinese company now.
Yikes, thanks for the info, I totally missed that. That’s what I get for not keeping the TV on CNBC.

I suppose they got a great deal, with Apple’s market cap being down $250 billion off its $1.1 trillion high. Are they going to continue moving manufacturing to India to take advantage of the lower wages, lax worker rights and reduced environmental protection laws?

Reactions: I7guy

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Yikes, thanks for the info, I totally missed that. That’s what I get for not keeping the TV on CNBC.

I suppose they got a great deal, with Apple’s market cap being down $250 billion off its $1.1 trillion high. Are they going to continue moving manufacturing to India to take advantage of the lower wages, lax worker rights and reduced environmental protection laws?
I really try to stay in topic but I have to say I spit my coffee up as I laughed with the sarcastic humor embedded in this post. Good one.

Reactions: PickUrPoison