Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Berserker-UK

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
Berkshire, UK
Excellent news. Wonder why only some were affected
Presumably this...
some users speculated that restoring from an iCloud backup during setup may have contributed to the freezing issues.
Not all users restore when setting up a new iDevice, especially as doing so during a device or iOS upgrade is known to sometimes break things (e.g. someone wandered into an Apple Store with a bricked 6S after trying to restore a several versions old backup while I was there recently).

Reactions: MH01

FasterQuieter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2008
Mine would only reset when charged using 12 volts. Plugging into the computer, which I think is 5 volts, never caused it to happen. Glad they fixed it anyway. And that they fixed the accidental highlight and delete when entering text. That was driving me insane.

Last 2 issues I have:

-The brightness slider in control center has a mind of its own. I usually have to make 3 or more attempts to adjust the brightness.

-The constant requests for my Apple ID password.

Looking forward to 9.3 for these.

Rafagon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL

iPad-Pro-Cable-250x174.jpg
Apple has confirmed that updating to iOS 9.2 should prevent an issue that caused some iPad Pros to become unresponsive after charging from continuing in the future.

Shortly after the launch of the iPad Pro, some early adopters began complaining about an issue that caused the 12.9-inch tablet to become unresponsive after charging, requiring a hard restart to restore functionality.

Apple acknowledged the problem in a support document on its website, stating that it was "investigating" the issue, and has now updated that support document to reflect that "iOS 9.2 or later" should prevent the issue from occurring again.

The issue affected both 32GB and 128GB iPad Pros on iOS 9.1, including Wi-Fi and LTE models, and some users speculated that restoring from an iCloud backup during setup may have contributed to the freezing issues.

iOS 9.2 was released on Tuesday alongside OS X 10.11.2, tvOS 9.1 and watchOS 2.1.

Article Link: Apple Says iOS 9.2 Fixes Unresponsive iPad Pro Issues
What Apple said is that it "MIGHT" fix the Unresponsive iPad Pro Issues…

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 3.04.24 PM.png

mkldev

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2003
Mine would only reset when charged using 12 volts. Plugging into the computer, which I think is 5 volts, never caused it to happen.

iOS devices always charge at 5 volts no matter how you connect them. What you're seeing is probably the difference between a full USB port (with data pins) and a charge-only port (with just power pins). With a real computer, the iOS device has to negotiate with the computer to ask for higher charge current. With a charge-only port, it checks instead for the presence of pull-up/pull-down resistors between the power pins and the data pins to determine how much current it can draw. That works differently on the software side.

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2012
Anyone know if this fixed the quiet system sounds with the speakers? I am not able to update my iPP until later, but am hoping the update would fix this issue, as I never had one with the restarting thing.

Kal.
It did. All texts, and emails, and lock sounds are louder.

frankodwyer

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2015
St Leonards on Sea
some users speculated that restoring from an iCloud backup during setup may have contributed to the freezing issues.​

I had the issue despite setting the iPad up as new, so it's not iCloud backup.

The issue happened a couple of times in the first few days and seemed to go away on its own before I updated to 9.2

michael_aos

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2004
Same here. Received mine 11/16. Did it nearly every day for the first ~4 days to less than a week.

Hasn't happened since.

My Pro did it twice (the first week), after that, it has been fine. I read many others only had the issue the first week or so as well. Weird.

Annielou7

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
And that wasn't a problem? Funny how you love to praise Apple, but seem to just ignore when a major annoyance like this existed.
And there is always someone like you to remind us of this. It's not a hardware issue its a software issue that has been fixed with iOS 9.2. I'm guessing you use android?
I did for a number of years but hated the os. Since I changed to Apple I have never looked back. I don't upgrade very often. The iPad pro is a gift, I have the iPad Air and the iPhone 5s and I am very happy with them. No problems ever.

Annielou7

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
Anyone know if this fixed the quiet system sounds with the speakers? I am not able to update my iPP until later, but am hoping the update would fix this issue, as I never had one with the restarting thing.

Kal.
Yes it fixed mine. My lock, key, and notification sounds were very quiet before ios 9.2. Now they're back to how they should be.

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
And there is always someone like you to remind us of this. It's not a hardware issue its a software issue that has been fixed with iOS 9.2. I'm guessing you use android?
I did for a number of years but hated the os. Since I changed to Apple I have never looked back. I don't upgrade very often. The iPad pro is a gift, I have the iPad Air and the iPhone 5s and I am very happy with them. No problems ever.
My point was he always criticizes how bad Android is for having bugs and issues, so I was surprised to hear him admit it when he always comments how stable iOS is.

Annielou7

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
It's the truth though. iOS is a very stable OS. When I had a nexus it was a nightmare. The orientation didn't work and it was stuck in portrait mode. Half of the apps didn't work. Netflix only streamed in portrait and it constantly crashed. Google was aware of this but there was no update to fix this after 8 months. There was a thread about this problem with over 200 comments.
I sold my nexus and went back to Apple. I get angry when people call us "fanboys". I love apple because everything works and if there is a problem it is soon fixed. If not Apple have a great in store service.

billy the fish

Suspended
Jul 23, 2015
It's the truth though. iOS is a very stable OS. When I had a nexus it was a nightmare. The orientation didn't work and it was stuck in portrait mode. Half of the apps didn't work. Netflix only streamed in portrait and it constantly crashed. Google was aware of this but there was no update to fix this after 8 months. There was a thread about this problem with over 200 comments.
I sold my nexus and went back to Apple. I get angry when people call us "fanboys". I love apple because everything works and if there is a problem it is soon fixed. If not Apple have a great in store service.
Did you just say half of the apps didn't work... WTF , really? Literally 50% of the apps you tried to open didn't work. Every ounce of credibility you have on this site went.just then.. BOOM , all gone.. why do you feel the need to lie to get your point across ..

Then you go on to say "i love apple because everything works and if there is a problem ..."

Make your mind up.. does.every thing work.. or do they have problems. .. did ios 8.1 JUST WORK.

This site works so much better then folk just put facts rather than propaganda..

mrfox74

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2015
DC
While I am happy that 9.2 may help iPad pro, it destroyed siri on my 6s, is anyone having similar issues

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
While I am happy that 9.2 may help iPad pro, it destroyed siri on my 6s, is anyone having similar issues
YES!!! All of a sudden Siri is not recognizing any apps or contacts on my phone, it doesn't give me directions. The only thing that works is weather.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.