Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

There are more than 1,000 apps available for the Vision Pro, Apple marketing chief Greg Joswiak said today. There are also more than 1.5 million iPad apps that are compatible with the Vision Pro and that are able to run on the device.

Apple-Vision-Pro-Dual-Loop-Band-Orange-Feature-2.jpg

When the Vision Pro launched, Apple said there were more than 600 apps available for the headset, so the number of apps has increased by over 400 in the weeks since the Vision Pro debuted.

The Vision Pro is able to run many of the apps that are on the iPad, but the 1,000 app count is for those that have been designed for and optimized for the headset.

We've rounded up some of the many Vision Pro apps available that are worth checking out.

Article Link: Apple Says There Are Now Over 1,000 Vision Pro Apps

sunny5

Suspended
Jun 11, 2021
It's meaningless as it lacks killer apps and even so, AR/VR/MR itself proven not worthy for consumer markets.

Even now, the uses is quite limited and there is no reasons to use and replace iPhone and Mac. Even Meta failed as people didnt' really play games that much despite selling more than 20 million devices. AR/VR/MR devices are still in doubt in terms of uses. Who really use AR/VR/MR devices every day and every house like iPhone and Mac?

AR/VR/MR market is extremely difficult and yet not really profitable. That's why most of them switched to B2B markets as consumer markets have no point of using AR/VR/MR.

AVP really needs to have better purposes and features other than spatial computing especially since it lacks hardware controllers and direct connection via USB-C.

Last edited:

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Curious how many of those actually feel like worthwhile experiences

Define worthwhile? Seriously. You're right if you are expecting 3D whiz bang, but functional? I actually use a lot of applications NOT optimized for AVP (i.e. iPad versions) and they do just what I expect them to do and are easy to use. I am talking Clock, Discord, Synology File, Home, Maps, Bonvoy (Marriott) to name a few. They are part of my normal work flow and come with my AVP. Surprisingly, or maybe not, but some applications rushed to be AVP optimized give me the most problems, I am talking Juno and Carrot. Overall my APV experience is an extension of my Mac and iPad experiences, not VR at all, and not even classically defined AR. Although, watching 3D representations of planes taking off and landing at commercial airports in real time is mesmerizing to someone that travels as much as I do. Yeah I know. To each their own lol.

Reactions: ErikGrim and SFjohn

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Unfortunately, most are not that interesting to me, or significantly changes/enhances things that I would do daily. Maybe in the distant future?

Do you own an iPad? Maybe not, but what is its killer app? There are very few software applications that the iPad can do that the Mac (or other laptops) can't (some art might be the exception). But people buy the iPad because of the higher portability factor. Likewise, I use my AVP a lot because I like the portability factor (I travel a lot) and I like all of the windows / apps I can see at once, unlike my iPad. It's useful to me today.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
What I want to see is a list of the most popular iPad apps which have opted out of being in the Vision Pro App Store. None of the few iPad games i’ve wanted to try are available.

It’s almost disingenuous to make it seem like it runs any iPad app. Many major devs are opting out of allowing their apps in the store for Vision Pro.

Reactions: gusmula

CookItOff

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2023
As always, quantity definitely does not equal quality.
Well that didn't take long. lol
Things went from, "There are only a handful of native apps for the AVP" then Apple saying there are over a thousand apps designed from the ground up specifically for the AVP. To peeps suddenly saying "Well they are all low quality apps."

I always wonder if people here ever hurt their back when moving that heavy object so quickly. :p

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021
Well that didn't take long. lol
Things went from, "There are only a handful of native apps for the AVP" then Apple saying there are over a thousand apps designed from the ground up specifically for the AVP. To peeps suddenly saying "Well they are all low quality apps."

I always wonder if people here ever hurt their back when moving that heavy object so quickly. :p
Not nearly as much as VP users hurt their necks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.