Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ice29

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2016
Switzerland
Sadly that won't happen. One reason why I sold my 16". But now with the M1 MBP, I'd have to buy a new monitor because HiDPI below 4K can't still be emulated. Thx Tim Apple !!!
Does this "hack" not work on M1 anymore?
https://github.com/xzhih/one-key-hidpi
I have been using this on my hackintosh mini plugged to 1080p TV (to use 720p HiDPI on it, have bigger icons in OS but still get 1080p for movies) and works perfectly fine! (but that one is still running Catalina)

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

Ener Ji

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2010
I'm still on Catalina (10.15). I don't know if it's even worth me upgrading to Big Sur.
Same here. There aren't any "must have" features in Big Sur for me that have compelled me to upgrade so far. I do experience some issues resuming from sleep while attached to an LG 5k display that would make me happily upgrade if they are improved, but I have yet to see anyone say whether this has improved in Big Sur.

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2017
Really hoping for some fixes to the 16" MBP -- specifically how hot it runs when connected to a 4K display and some fixes to USB-C connections. Getting tired of unplugging and plugging back in my USB hub so that my mouse and keyboard work every time I boot or wake from sleep.

I have the same issue on my 16" MBP running Catalina, using a Dell 4K display (with 90W PD) that I use as a USB-C hub. Sometimes but not all the time, I have to unplug my USB-A mouse on restart. I've had this issue on multiple Mac's and 4K displays over the past 3+ years. It gets "fixed" and then it comes back. Maybe it's the T2 chip? Maybe it's the driver? Maybe it's the.... who knows? Never been able to pin it down which is annoying.

Playfoot

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
Granted not an expert, but given how many beta releases and updates, my belief that this is the worst OS is seemingly supported. From the horrendous upgrade issues with our machines, to the never ending futzups, the loss of iTunes, the loss of our much loved widgets for some terrible "notification centre", the never ending verification notices when opening Excel, Word, and other software . . .

Sheesh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.