Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alinefx

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
RIP Pacemaker - the only app that got WREKT by this update. No idea what happened but it LOST its beat-for-beat matching when ios17 rolled out in beta. Of course, the entire app got nuked cos the company got acquired etc, so that means no one is developing for that anymore. Another reason not to depend on the cloud for anything hosted by any server you don’t own (unless it’s a 5 eyes certified tech oligarch owned co like MSFT, AAPL, GOOG etc).

mkz212

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2023
My carplay maps keeps trying to predict where I’m going (which is usually accurate) when I get in, but I don’t want that. How do I turn that feature off?
Settings / privacy / location services / system settings / important places. You must turn it off or make exceptions.

mkz212

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2023
Apple Car New feature: auto-drive to places you might want to go. (Of course you cannot cancel that) ;)
You can. Settings / privacy / location services / system settings / important places. You must turn it off or make exceptions.

calikid78

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2021
I would strongly recommend to wait for the RC.
I installed it on the iPad mainly because I use it often plugged in.

On the iPhone, I am also impatient but I wait at least for the RC.
I’ve used it since Beta 1. It’s actually been very stable except for battery drain and that’s basically been gone since Beta 6 or 7. I’ve had iPhones since 2007 and been paid dev since 2010 or 2011. iOS 17 has been the least buggy of them all. I wouldn’t worry too much (or at all) about upgrading now. Especially if you are planning on getting an iPhone 15 anyways. Either way, I’d go for it. It’s stable. I assure you that.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Kissmo1980

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2021
I’ve used it since Beta 1. It’s actually been very stable except for battery drain and that’s basically been gone since Beta 6 or 7. I’ve had iPhones since 2007 and been paid dev since 2010 or 2011. iOS 17 has been the least buggy of them all. I wouldn’t worry too much (or at all) about upgrading now. Especially if you are planning on getting an iPhone 15 anyways. Either way, I’d go for it. It’s stable. I assure you that.
Well I tested iPad OS and just reverted back to iOS 16 due to insane screen/brightness flicker.

I don't plan on buying an iPhone 15 - will stay on the 14 pro max 2 more years before upgrading.
The battery hit is what concerns me.

If I would plan to get iPhone 15, then yeah... I wouldn't care and go ahead an install. :)

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
This build appears to have broken wireless CarPlay for me. It’s now doing the same crap that the latest release of iOS 16 was doing. Now there’s currently no release of iOS where wireless CarPlay will work for me. That’s a bummer.

klowy79

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2023
Does anyone know if you can install the iOS beta but not the watchOS beta?
I want to try one at a time first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.