Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkinstx

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2017
Is that on the lock screen? If so, it’s supposed to be there, to show that control center can be opened by swiping down from that spot.
I see that line on my iOS 16.6 phone (now with attachment).

iPhone_banner_iOS_16.6.jpg

Last edited:

arostad

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
this put my phone into a boot loop.. does anybody know how to recover from that?

*edit*
went into dfu mode and restored the latest developer iOS 17 beta .ispw via apple configurator and then restored a month old backup since the last couple iOS 17 versions stopped backing up my phone automatically.

Last edited:

Infuspeur

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2023
this put my phone into a boot loop.. does anybody know how to recover from that?

*edit*
went into dfu mode and restored the latest developer iOS 17 beta .ispw via apple configurator and then restored a month old backup since the last couple iOS 17 versions stopped backing up my phone automatically.
Was your Bigger Text option on by chance? If so, be careful with enabling that again. Have a Mac at the ready just in case you’ll have to restore again.

Device model SE 2020? Dutch language ?

arostad

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
Was your Bigger Text option on by chance? If so, be careful with enabling that again. Have a Mac at the ready just in case you’ll have to restore again.

Device model SE 2020? Dutch language ?
No but I did have the smallest text option set.

kinabalu

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2010
What’s the trick to get the AirPods to update, I installed beta 7 and 8 and turned on developer mode but still on 5E135 and I’d really love to test the new mute feature!

I’ve even removed and re-added the device to no avail :/

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
What’s the trick to get the AirPods to update, I installed beta 7 and 8 and turned on developer mode but still on 5E135 and I’d really love to test the new mute feature!

Firmware updates are delivered automatically while your AirPods are charging and in Bluetooth range of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac that's connected to Wi-Fi.
Its not like you initiate a FW update, you can only set it up in that config and then check later on its FW status has changed.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

frumpywumpy

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
So ... little over a week of use, how's beta8 been for you (which device you using)?

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007

After you turned on Developer Mode, did you turn on the option within the developer menu to receive AirPods Pro beta updates? You have to enable it per device. Once you do that, it'll still take a bit for the update to populate, but it will happen eventually when your pods are plugged in and nearby.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.