Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deanthedev

Suspended
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver
So am i reading this correctly you can turn off the power management feature but it will reenable every time your phone shuts down unexpedly seems kinda annoying to have to turn it back on all the time?

More annoying than having your phone shut down? Are you saying if you turn it off and your phone starts shutting down that you'd want it to keep on shutting down (have power management stay off)?

I just said basically the same thing. I don't think giving the option was smart on Apple's end. This is an non-winning situation for them. People complain about the throttling. So they turn it off and notice that instead of slowing down...their phone just shuts off altogether. They will complain about that.

I would much rather my phone slow down during important tasks than just shut off altogether. Especially because the complete shutoff poses a higher risk of losing data.

I think it's a big win. They are now educating their users about battery issues. They're showing your battery health (battery health Apps are going to be cursing over this, as they are now obsolete). There's a notice right on the screen telling you if your battery is degraded and how to get it serviced (replaced). The only slight loss for Apple is the money it will cost them to do the $29 battery upgrades. Small price to pay for customer satisfaction.

There's an old saying: Be careful what you wish for....you might get it.

People wishing ill on Apple over this fail to realize that every phone manufacturer on the planet has similar issues. They all use the same battery technology and they can all suffer similar faults. They just don't get reported on because they're not Apple. Now suddenly people everywhere are going to be aware of this issue and soon they're going to want to know the battery condition of their devices. That could open up a few cans of worms for some manufacturers.
[doublepost=1520877230][/doublepost]
I'm willing to bet the team that works on iMessages is not the same team that works on emojis...

Didn't you know? Apple only has one team. They do everything from iOS to macOS to Mac Mini to Animojis.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
This beta is the the worst rollout in almost 2 years. My battery is consuming power within minutes, 10%. On minute I have 27%, the next minute my phone is shutting down like it has no power. i finally plug the phone in and within minutes I have 40% power.

My guess; this ne programming is a result of the lawsuits about apples’ throttle.

I shame those people looking for an early payout.
I noticed that issue as well. I NEVER had this issue before the 11.3 beta. I even did the original iOS 11 beta from beta 1 over the summer and I didn't have this issue with the battery! Curious as to what's causing it because there aren't as many [outfacing] additions as there was with 11.0

The iOS 11.3 Beta turns off the peak CPU throttling so if your battery is degraded, your phone is more likely to shutdown randomly. You may want to replace the battery.

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
Apple knew that, but general public is dumb and think they want the choice (although there are valid reasons of wanting to have the actual choice, though not for the dumb general public).
The public is dumb for wanting the choice, but there are valid reasons for wanting to have the actual choice, but not for the dumb public?

Hmm, the public might not be as dumb as you think...

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Is there a way to download this on a 4G connection, the only internet I have besides (real) unlimited 4G is a slow 1-2Mb access to a neighbour open hotspot, it sometimes stalls too so it starts from the beginning again.

My 4G is 256Mb max, but real speed is somewhere in-between 30-50 Mb.

Is Apple's content caching also for iOS updates (think it is) and if that's the case I might find the solution to share my 4G connection to my Macs, let it sit and download iOS beta and then update when I get Wifi from my hotspot which also is on my Macs right now.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
This beta is the the worst rollout in almost 2 years. My battery is consuming power within minutes, 10%. On minute I have 27%, the next minute my phone is shutting down like it has no power. i finally plug the phone in and within minutes I have 40% power.

My guess; this ne programming is a result of the lawsuits about apples’ throttle.

My iPhone is fine. Maybe certain app is not fully compatible with iOS 11.3 and is sucking up battery?

Settings | Battery -> Clock tab to see if any app is consuming significant % of the battery AND in the background.

Drogba11

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2018
Why can't they fix app store and iTunes store reviews so I can view them in chronological order or sort by most helpful rather than viewing reviews from years ago which are no longer relevant?

What is the point of being able to rate a review as helpful if there is no way to sort by helpful votes?

I guess emojis are more important than functionality.

Reactions: johnscully

ACST

Suspended
Sep 5, 2016
The public is dumb for wanting the choice, but there are valid reasons for wanting to have the actual choice, but not for the dumb public?

Hmm, the public might not be as dumb as you think...

You're reading it wrong. The public is dumb and shouldn't need/have the choice, but there are people who aren't dumb and have an actual good reason for wanting to have the choice.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Getting close!

I'm excited for messages in the cloud....

It's been inconsistent for me. I delete my message each Sunday night because I hate clutter. Last weekend it worked fine. I logged into my Mac and my messages were in sync with my phone. Today, nope. Not in sync. It didn't delete off my Mac what I did on my phone last night. I have four message threads on my phone now I started today. Installed the latest macOS beta from today, still not in sync. Only two of the four show up on my Mac. Odd.

mrzz

Suspended
Mar 25, 2017
Apple knew that, but general public is dumb and think they want the choice (although there are valid reasons of wanting to have the actual choice, though not for the dumb general public).
get more info about the subject before writing "dumb" responses

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
It's been inconsistent for me. I delete my message each Sunday night because I hate clutter. Last weekend it worked fine. I logged into my Mac and my messages were in sync with my phone. Today, nope. Not in sync. It didn't delete off my Mac what I did on my phone last night. I have four message threads on my phone now I started today. Installed the latest macOS beta from today, still not in sync. Only two of the four show up on my Mac. Odd.

Ah poop. I figured this would be hard to roll out. Hopefully it gets sorted! Got 4 devices to keep synced up.

ThankYouRob

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2016
Minneapolis, MN
Doesn't seem like it will be a part of iOS 11.3, and I doubt we will see iOS 11.4 so I guess its delayed until iOS 12 in August/September. I guess that's why the went ahead and released the HomePod even though AirPlay 2, Stereo Pairing and Multi-room wasn't available as they knew it wouldn't be released until iOS 12 and that was too long for them to hold back the release of the HomePod.

I bet you're right, I'm sure we'll never know really, but that seems completely feasible as to why and whats going on.

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Are there any developers on here that are running the watchOS beta? Does iCloud messages apply to the watch as well? I haven't seen too much information on that one. I'm guessing it would, since it would be odd to leave it out, but we all know what happens when you assume :)

Last edited:

S7NGULARITY

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2016
Why can't they fix app store and iTunes store reviews so I can view them in chronological order or sort by most helpful rather than viewing reviews from years ago which are no longer relevant?

What is the point of being able to rate a review as helpful if there is no way to sort by helpful votes?

I guess emojis are more important than functionality.

It’s been there for a while, you can click to sort the reviews by most helpful, most critical, most favorable, or most recent.

ronno

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2014

Power usage is great on my X. No issues.

maticore78

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2017
Are there any developers on here that are running the watchOS beta as well? Does iCloud messages apply to the watch as well? I haven't seen too much information on that one. I'm assuming it does apply to the watch too, since it would be odd to leave it out, but we all know what happens when you assume :)
No it does not apply to the watch yet unfortunately.

Reactions: iOS Geek

ediks

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2015
Is the widget page lag and stutters fixed? And no, its not problem on older iphones , my 8 does it too and its annoying for device this “powerful”

TheDreaded26

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2016
maybe they can fix the damn out of order imessages.

nah...tweaking emojjis is top priority.

I agree the 11.2.5/6 still has not fixed them from being out of order. I have tried all the things online on how to get it to work. Hoping the final release will finally correct this issue.

mrz_V1

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2016
"Update: There's also a new beta of iOS 11.3 available to public beta testers."

Thanks for this MacRumors, I am one of those people that keeps checking back at the article to see if its available for public testers. :)

Reactions: P_tercero
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.