Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Why can't they fix app store and iTunes store reviews so I can view them in chronological order or sort by most helpful rather than viewing reviews from years ago which are no longer relevant?

What is the point of being able to rate a review as helpful if there is no way to sort by helpful votes?

I guess emojis are more important than functionality.

This was fixed a 1 or 2 versions ago although I agree it is/was a very annoying bug

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
6C45C61A-9EA5-4A3B-A3C8-FEAEB311977C.jpeg
I don't see an option to sort. How?

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
How stable is this?

Is it GM quality by now or better to hold off? (iPhone X user here)

Definitely not GM quality. Still some major bugs (per reddit users), but I've found it to be stable for a daily driver. What say other users?

typicaluser

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
It would have been "necessary", they just didn't do it. Phones were crashing, so they implemented it.
So it seems fixing a problem caused Apple more trouble, does it? Why fixing it then? And I don’t remember people complaining about having their iPhone 6 or iPhone 5/5s crashing when throttling not implemented.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
So it seems fixing a problem caused Apple more trouble, does it? Why fixing it then? And I don’t remember people complaining about having their iPhone 6 or iPhone 5/5s crashing when throttling not implemented.

Because they were put in a situation where they couldn't possibly win. Because the story was reported so inaccurately "Apple has made your iPhone to break so you have to upgrade to a new one!" - when in fact they were throttling it to make your phone last longer - the media and public liked the conspiracy though and now the only way to fix the PR problem is to unthrottle the phone. Watch the same people complaining about throttling complain about their phones crashing now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.