Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Oh. I thought it was a bug? What do you mean replaced by multitasking? If you're in Safari, I don't understand why can can't swipe to go forward?

Well if I swipe to go back in Safari but want to go back forward real quick (I'm often switching around a lot, testing websites, etc) I can't any more because the thing opens up the multitasking slideover window thing with another app. But that's the new gesture to get into split screen multitasking so I'm not sure what can be done except maybe a two finger swipe for browsing?

Are you talking about the 4-finger swipe to switch apps? If so, the direction has changed. It used to pull to the left and now it pulls to the right. Similar to the direction change for multitask. Maybe I misunderstood your comment though.

If you want the controls to show at the top of a browser just touch the browser bar. They will pop back into view. You could pull down quickly as well on the page but its easier to just touch the bar.

See above. As for controls, I just want a simple option to keep them always visible like we have for things like the bookmarks bar. It's just an annoyance, not a big deal. I can see hiding them on an iPhone but don't see the point on the iPad. I switch around between tabs a lot and it's annoying to do when they're always hidden by default.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
For some reason my phone now gets very hot whenever it's connected to a charger. Never experienced this before iOS 9...

I had a weird issue in iOS 9 earlier after doing an over the air update. I fixed my issue by completely reinstalling.

I completely reinstalled again and boy did I have trouble trying to restore my music. iTunes loved to cancel my music sync. After many attempts all music seems to have synced.

Last edited:

kcamfork

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
For some reason my phone now gets very hot whenever it's connected to a charger. Never experienced this before iOS 9...

My iPad mini 3 got hot when I installed the first public beta. So I rolled back to iOS 8 then. Just installed PB3 and no heat. I'm thinking I'll clean install the official iOS 9 just to be safe.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I'm sure it would be possible if Apple wanted to make it happen.

I always wonder why Apple didn't decide to implement a dark mode theme across the whole OS, I mean everyone looks at their phone at night and I can most certainly guarantee that even the Apple Execs look at their phones in the dark. The bright colored screens really does mess with your eyes and I am surprised why Jony Ive didn't decide to implement this feature when iOS 7 was being conceived, all major apps have some sort of dark mode - Pocket, Tweetbot, Alien Blue, Kindle, etc. It makes so much sense, especially with the way that people are now using their phones.

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany

I have noticed the same in iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 (64GB, AT&T). It got warm in iOS 8 but in iOS 9, in all releases so far, it gets significantly hotter. Even the front/screen feels quite warm while charging.

How could I reinstall iOS 9 pb 3?
I got it by OTA and have no ipsw file on my mac to reinstall.
My iPhone 6 always get extremely hot since pb3 and battery consumption is catastrophic!

Reactions: garylapointe

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I always wonder why Apple didn't decide to implement a dark mode theme across the whole OS, I mean everyone looks at their phone at night and I can most certainly guarantee that even the Apple Execs look at their phones in the dark. The bright colored screens really does mess with your eyes and I am surprised why Jony Ive didn't decide to implement this feature when iOS 7 was being conceived, all major apps have some sort of dark mode - Pocket, Tweetbot, Alien Blue, Kindle, etc. It makes so much sense, especially with the way that people are now using their phones.
Does it cause battery life issues with no OLED screens? They went completely dark with the watch so it can't be because Ive is obsessed with white. I'll bet any money once we get an OLED screen we'll have dark mode.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
My iPhone 6 always get extremely hot since pb3 and battery consumption is catastrophic!

I started a thread the other day asking about an IPSW for public beta (which then turned into people claiming people using the public beta wouldn't really know how to use an IPSW....).

Simply put, the only way is to DFU to 8.4, then install the profile again and update to iOS 9 PB3 OTA.

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany
I started a thread the other day asking about an IPSW for public beta (which then turned into people claiming people using the public beta wouldn't really know how to use an IPSW....).
Stupid people...

Simply put, the only way is to DFU to 8.4, then install the profile again and update to iOS 9 PB3 OTA.
I found the ipsw file in net and installed it. After this I delete all settings. BUT no changes – battery still consumes lot and it's getting very hot by using and charging

Really seemed 2 be a problem with the pb3/beta 5

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
Stupid people...

I found the ipsw file in net and installed it. After this I delete all settings. BUT no changes – battery still consumes lot and it's getting very hot by using and charging

Really seemed 2 be a problem with the pb3/beta 5

Try a new install without restoring your settings. Make sure your apps are up to date. Since I don't enable automatic app updates, I've found that the App store doesn't alert me automatically when updates are available.

For me on a 6+ battery life on beta 5 has been okay. It's definitely not bad.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
You should try a "reset all settings" and go back through. It will keep your data and apps but will require to add wifi connections again. May solve whatever issues you are having. Or even just try reset network settings 1st. Typically the symptom, you describe will be fixed when you do this. Otherwise download the ispw file. Or restore to 8.4 then get the beta profile and update OTA again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.