Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Seeds Fifth macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Beta to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fifth beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update to developers, a week and a half after seeding the fourth beta and a month after releasing the macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 update.

The new macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 beta can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center or through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store with the proper profile installed.

It's not yet clear what improvements the second major update to macOS High Sierra will bring, but it's likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't addressed in macOS High Sierra 10.13.1.

No significant new features were discovered in the first four betas of macOS High Sierra 10.13.2, but we'll update this post should notable changes be found in the fifth beta.

The previous update, 10.13.1, introduced fixes for some serious security flaws and brought new emoji to the macOS operating system.

Update: Apple has also released a new beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 for public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fifth macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Beta to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Aaaaaaaa.... I was kinda expecting the final non beta release.
Or was it cyber Monday black Friday madness and people at Apple were buying PCs and Android phones?

I am looking forward to High Sierra some under the hood fixes. My MBP retina mid 2012 15 inch is super slow when using Photoshop and Lightroom....

Comment

macintoshmac

macrumors 601
May 13, 2010
Hopefully it fixes the quick look bug and nvdia performance issues on the older MacBook Pros

Is the quick look bug one where when you quick look a JPG image, zooming in appears choppy and looks like it changes colour space mid way?

Reactions: KingOfStuff
Comment

e1me5

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2013
Cyprus
Is the quick look bug one where when you quick look a JPG image, zooming in appears choppy and looks like it changes colour space mid way?
For me it uses the dGPU for some strange reason and prohibits external drivers to be ejected until I relaunch finder. Also if I use it too much it crashes finder.

Reactions: macintoshmac
Comment

kiddjones

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
Dallas, TX
Hopefully it fixes the quick look bug and nvdia performance issues on the older MacBook Pros
I'm not hopeful, unfortunately. I've heard that downloading the web drivers from Nvidia could alleviate some issues, but I haven't been able to test as I'm on public beta, and the nvidia web drivers don't support 10.13.2 yet. I was hoping today would be the 10.13.2 release.

Comment

e1me5

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2013
Cyprus
I'm not hopeful, unfortunately. I've heard that downloading the web drivers from Nvidia could alleviate some issues, but I haven't been able to test as I'm on public beta, and the nvidia web drivers don't support 10.13.2 yet. I was hoping today would be the 10.13.2 release.
I might give them a try but my previous experience with the web drivers is awful as there were causing Fcpx to crash constantly.

Comment

kingjames1970

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
Hampshire, UK
This might be the last time i'm an early adopter. I've had nothing but issues with my 2016 MBP - have to restart if I want to attached a second external monitor and when I do that my Drobo doesn't mount until I restart that. And quite a lot of hangs/spinning beachballs that need a restart - I've not restarted a Mac so much since OS 9! None of that happened in plain old Sierra.

Reactions: tyasjs
Comment

Cancelled
Mar 31, 2015
Did Safari get any sort of update? I'm on non beta and it is currently version 11.0.1 (13604.3.5) for me.

Comment

star-affinity

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
I might give them a try but my previous experience with the web drivers is awful as there were causing Fcpx to crash constantly.

Good thing it's easy to switch between the mac OS default drivers and the Nvidia Web Drivers.

Comment

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
First let me say, I'm not an expert at computers by any means. I mostly use iOS for my work. However, High Sierra has been a mystery to me. We have four MacBooks in my home, two on Sierra and two on HS. Both of the MacBooks on HS, a 2015 rMBP and a 2016 12 inch MacBook, developed really bad wifi connection issues. I checked the firmware on my router and it was up to date. I finally took my 2015 rMBP to Apple yesterday for a genius appointment. I had video on my phone of the connection issues and the wifi diagnostics on the MacBook. Apple couldn't did a fresh instal back down to Sierra and magically the connection issues went away. I know HS is installed on tons of Macs with no issue but that wasn't the case with the two that I update.

Comment

Maniamac

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2007
My Late 2016 MBP with Touch Bar no longer shows UI translucency since installing this update. Restarting didn't help.

EDIT: Somehow, System Preferences>Accessibility>Display>Reduce Transparency had activated itself with this install. All set now!

Comment

Marcopolo53

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2016
Toronto
Running late 2012 iMac with Nvidia GeForce GT 640M and done an erase and clean install of 10.13.0 and same 10.13.1. Each time after install and settle down shut down. At cold boot system starts and runs to about 2/3 the way, pause, screen goes black for 2 or 3 seconds, screen return to eventually log-in screen. Have given up on HS until at least 10.3.2 or .3 or maybe .4.
Reverted back to 10.12.6 and none of this winking out and back

Comment

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
I've heard that downloading the web drivers from Nvidia could alleviate some issues...

From the perspective of my late-2013 15-MBA with GT750M, no such luck. I spent some time undoing CUDA, then installing the Nvidia web drivers. But if my U2715Q is connected, it becomes molasses within a few minutes. Tried playing with both screen resolutions (scaled, native) and still no luck. If I didn't have a backup MP, I'd be really bent!

Comment

qawes

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
Yay! High Sierra is finally stepping out of the Alpha stage.

Comment

warriors2017

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2017
This might be the last time i'm an early adopter. I've had nothing but issues with my 2016 MBP - have to restart if I want to attached a second external monitor and when I do that my Drobo doesn't mount until I restart that. And quite a lot of hangs/spinning beachballs that need a restart - I've not restarted a Mac so much since OS 9! None of that happened in plain old Sierra.

I had all kinds of problems with 10.13 as well. But ever since I updated to 10.13.2 beta, all problems went away. Life is good again...

Comment

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
First let me say, I'm not an expert at computers by any means. I mostly use iOS for my work. However, High Sierra has been a mystery to me. We have four MacBooks in my home, two on Sierra and two on HS. Both of the MacBooks on HS, a 2015 rMBP and a 2016 12 inch MacBook, developed really bad wifi connection issues. I checked the firmware on my router and it was up to date. I finally took my 2015 rMBP to Apple yesterday for a genius appointment. I had video on my phone of the connection issues and the wifi diagnostics on the MacBook. Apple couldn't did a fresh instal back down to Sierra and magically the connection issues went away. I know HS is installed on tons of Macs with no issue but that wasn't the case with the two that I update.

Deleting /Library/Preferences/Systemconfiguration might have done the trick instead of a run to an Apple store and a clean install.
Next time you have issues try the above method, you do loose all network settings though, so make a backup of that folder before you delete that folder.

Reactions: RevTEG
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.