Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming iOS 10.2.1 update to developers, two days after releasing iOS 10.2 and three months after introducing the new iOS 10 operating system.

Registered developers can download the new iOS 10.2.1 beta from the Apple Developer Center or over-the-air with the proper configuration profile installed.

IMG_2724.jpg

It's not yet clear what features are included in iOS 10.2.1, but as a minor 10.2.x update, it's likely to focus on bug fixes and performance improvements rather than major outward-facing changes.

iOS 10.2.1 comes shortly after the release of iOS 10.2, a major update that brought new emoji, the TV app, new Messages Screen Effects, Music improvements, and a whole slew of bug fixes.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of iOS 10.2.1 to Developers

Sebski

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2016
UK
It's not yet clear what features are included in iOS 10.2.1

Maybe they will actually introduce working features that they supposed to introduce in 10.2, for example 'Preserve Settings' for the Camera.

Don't really understand how they can spend months testing and implementing new features, having many beta testers sending feeback, and still deliver unfinished product.

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
Maybe they will actually introduce working features that they supposed to introduce in 10.2, for example 'Preserve Settings' for the Camera.

Don't really understand how they can spend months testing and implementing new features, having many beta testers sending feeback, and still deliver unfinished product.
well -that's the question - are people just thrill of getting new software but then not provide any feedback? In our case as long as messaging, phone, sales force, Office and HR apps are working, we don't care if anything else its not working - Apple has to rely on their internal testing but obviously this hasn't been good enough as of late.

Reactions: bchreng

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

Preserve settings does work. Maybe you are not reading it clearly. Its worded a little wonky. All it does is keeps the default settings of a particular setting from going back to Apples default. Like live photos for example. Default is on and every time you open camera app live photos is on. IF you select the preserve setting for that feature it will keep it however you set it and for example if you turn it off it will NOT turn it back on every time.

[Edit/Correction] The preserve settings seem to stick no matter what you set the switch to in 10.2. It was working in earlier betas but now it seems to stick no matter how you set the switch. So maybe 10.2 final broke it afterall and 10.2.1 doesnt seem to change the behavior either.

[doublepost=1481739868][/doublepost]Build 14D10 on iP6s

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
This better include the fix for the iPad TV app bug where local content doesn't show when wifi is enabled.

Sebski

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2016
UK
Preserve settings does work. Maybe you are not reading it clearly. Its worded a little wonky. All it does is keeps the default settings of a particular setting from going back to Apples default. Like live photos for example. Default is on and every time you open camera app live photos is on. IF you select the preserve setting for that feature it will keep it however you set it and for example if you turn it off it will NOT turn it back on every time.
[doublepost=1481739868][/doublepost]Build 14D10 on iP6s

Don't think so https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-10-2-iphone-se-preserve-camera-settings.2021595/

Sebski

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2016
UK
Yeah I edited my initial reply. I get the same behavior as mentioned in that thread even on 10.2.1. As I said in my edit it did work in previous beta (not sure which one broke it tho)

Thank you for the update. I checked my SE and it says "10.2 (14C92)", assuming 14C91 is a build number.

Shame it's still a problem in 10.2.1. Will definitely report it to Apple later tonight when I get back home.

Reactions: sbailey4

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
AWw man yer so clever, wish I would have thought of that.

Wouldn't be possible for you to comprehend that iOS has only ever shown a percentage and never an "estimated time remaining", which is the same as macOS now.
Calm down. It was a joke. It was equally funnier, more clever, and absolutely more correct than your retort. Not sure which macOS you're referring to, but the one that most of us use STILL has the estimated time remaining.

Reactions: slimothy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.