Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.3 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after the public release of iOS 9.3.2, a minor bug fix update.

appleios93.jpg

The first iOS 9.3.3 beta, build 13G12, can be downloaded immediately from the Apple Developer Center.

We don't yet know what changes iOS 9.3.3 will bring to iOS 9, but as a minor 9.x.x update, it's unlikely to introduce any major tweaks. There is no iOS 9.3.3 update available for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro, suggesting the new beta does not fix an issue that bricked some 9.7-inch iPad Pro devices. Apple has also pulled the iOS 9.3.2 update for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro and has not re-released it.

The previous update, iOS 9.3.2, introduced support for using Night Shift and Low Power mode simultaneously and fixed a Bluetooth bug that caused iPhone SE devices to experience poor audio when connected to a Bluetooth device.

We will update this post with any changes that are found in the new beta.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of iOS 9.3.3 to Developers

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
how much does the beta tester get paid to take those risks?

do you get your iPad for free from Apple?

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
I'm guessing this is because a large number of devices are being dropped in iOS 10. They want to leave iPhone 4s, 5, 5c and iPad 2 and 3 and iPad mini 1 and 2 on iOS 9 in my opinion.

Developers get the opportunity to test pre-release iOS software (on non-primary iOS device dedicated to testing) with their apps to ensure full compatibility when the update is released to customers.

Developers wouldn't want their apps to be buggy every time a new update came out. This is a service to developers. No one is under any obligation to use it.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Remember when Apple didn't need to release multiple betas for every single minor release and they still had far more stable software with less bugs than they do now? Those were the days

Continuing your humour: and if only we all could go back, and if only Steve could be resurrected, and as Tim would appeal, Jesus set a pretty dangerous precedent as far as resurrections go.

Reactions: arefbe

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I'm guessing this is because a large number of devices are being dropped in iOS 10. They want to leave iPhone 4s, 5, 5c and iPad 2 and 3 and iPad mini 1 and 2 on iOS 9 in my opinion.

They shouldn't drop those, reason, iOS 9 sucks on some of those devices, my iPhone 4S is barely usable with iOS 9.
iOS 10 should make it useable again, or allow us to go back to an earlier iOS version.

Reactions: vmistery

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
I can see that happening, unless of course IOS 10 is mainly cosmetic like 9 then they might leave it but take some features out. Frankly they need a new interface and up their game on the built in applications. There's just so much more Notes and Music can do but they've yet to change them.

Reactions: Tomapple

ram-it14

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2015

Developers get the opportunity to test pre-release iOS software (on non-primary iOS device dedicated to testing) with their apps to ensure full compatibility when the update is released to customers.

Developers wouldn't want their apps to be buggy every time a new update came out. This is a service to developers. No one is under any obligation to use it.

Just a little extra info, if you register as an individual the cost is $99/year and you provide the devices to test it on.

Reactions: 3568358

33man

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
Probably a minor fix for ipad pro... Nothing else I bet as wwdc is so close... With ios 10 beta... Which will break... Touch id ? Volume button? Your nerves? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.