Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first betas of upcoming iOS and iPadOS 13.4.5 updates to developers, one week after releasing iOS and iPadOS 13.4 with iCloud Folder Sharing, iPad trackpad support, and more.

ios-13.4.5-feature.jpg

iOS and ?iPadOS? 13.4.5 can be downloaded from the Apple Developer center or over the air once the proper developer profile has been installed. There's no word on why Apple decided to use iOS 13.4.5 as the beta update number instead of iOS 13.4.1.

We don't yet know what's included in the iOS 13.4.5 update, but it likely focuses on bug fixes for issues unable to be addressed in the iOS 13.4 update.

Specifically, it could address an issue with Personal Hotspot that prevents it from working properly for some users, or a privacy bug with VPNs. Apple said it would fix both of these problem in upcoming updates.

Once we download the update and take a look at what's new, we'll update this article.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of iOS and iPadOS 13.4.5 to Developers

Last edited:

mblm85

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
Sheffield, UK
Hopefully this will fix the bug preventing iOS 13.4 and Mac OS 10.15.4 devices from FaceTiming iOS 9 devices.

My parents use an old iPad that can only run iOS 9 and they're self-isolating from Coronavirus here in the UK. Since I updated my devices, FaceTime fails to connect. I expect a lot of older people are in the same boat with old kit.

I think this is part of the reason for this upcoming update.

roncron

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Is there precedent for Apple releasing a beta of an iOS version that skips ahead in numbers and later releasing a version numbered in between? e.g., from X.X.0 to X.X.3 in beta, while later releasing X.X.1 to the public)

• Angry
Reactions: Babygotfont

ghostface147

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2008
Hopefully it will help with battery life. 13.4 has dropped measurably and it does get warmer to the touch. Not hot, just warmer. Also, it reloads apps much more frequently. For example, if I open Safari after some time, it will open a blank page and say error with the page and it needs to reload.

Last edited:

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Wonder if this fixes the bug where if you long-press on settings, then select bluetooth (without the settings app already backgrounded), the settings app will crash instantly.

yes, I sent feedback to Apple, along with a video showing the crash.

Edit:Fixed!

Last edited:

Babygotfont

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2016
Is there precedent for Apple releasing a beta of an iOS version that skips ahead in numbers and later releasing a version numbered in between? e.g., from X.X.0 to X.X.3 in beta, while later releasing X.X.1 to the public)

they didn’t skip any numbers ... Apple actually removed them from the keyboard

dannyyankou

macrumors G4
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY

thatguykal

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2020
Why would you write in the article that it's 13.4.1 then speak to the naming that Apple chose? Unnecessary and confusing, just explain that it's 13.4.5 and that Apple changed the update naming. C'mon MacRumors

Reactions: Böhme417

otternonsense

Suspended
Jul 25, 2016
Berlin
That doesn't make a lot of sense. Shouldn't it be 13.5 then?

Wonder if this fixes the bug where if you long-press on settings, then select bluetooth (without the settings app already backgrounded), the settings app will crash instantly.

yes, I sent feedback to Apple, along with a video showing the crash.

I second that. It happens on both my iPhones (11 Pro and 8)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.