Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 update to developers, less than one week after releasing the macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update, the second major update to the macOS High Sierra operating system.

The macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 beta can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center or through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store with the proper profile installed.

macos-high-sierra.jpg

It's not yet clear what improvements the third update to macOS High Sierra will bring, but it's likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't addressed in macOS High Sierra 10.13.2.

The previous macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update focused solely on security fixes and performance improvements, with no outward-facing changes introduced.

Update: Apple has also seeded the macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 update to public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Reactions: Alexander Becker

iamtheonlyone4ever

Suspended
May 27, 2016
apple is moving too fast , that's why we are getting all these bugs, focus more on stability and who cares how long it takes, yearly release not cool anymore, stay with the same os at least 2 or 3 years, not falling for it anymore, I'm not joining the hype bandwagon

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
apple is moving too fast , that's why we are getting all these bugs, focus more on stability and who cares how long it takes, yearly release not cool anymore, stay with the same os at least 2 or 3 years, not falling for it anymore, I'm not joining the hype bandwagon

First OSx came 2001 and current version is just an evolution of that made by updating it yearly

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68020
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
Mac Pro 5,1 does not wake from sleep and fan runs constantly high with AMD Vega graphics card installed. This has been an issue since 10.13.2 beta 1 and it still has not been fixed with this release (build 17D20a).

Reactions: mccaffertee

RyanXM

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
DFW, TX
did they fix the pause/play buttons playing/pausing the wrong media yet...

That isn't a bug. High Sierra was programmed to control whatever media is currently "active". If iTunes is the only program active, it will control iTunes. If you have a YouTube video playing, it will control YouTube. There is a program that will revert back to the Sierra way of controlling iTunes.

fairuz

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2017
Silicon Valley
First OSx came 2001 and current version is just an evolution of that made by updating it yearly
Yeah, it's annoying. The 10.x versions are always quite large updates that break a lot of third-party stuff and introduce bugs. I'm mainly sick of all my software breaking every single year. Like, great, I just can't use my Photoshop anymore... why the **** did I update. Oh, to use the new Xcode and to have the small security fixes.

jasnw

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2013
Seattle Area (NOT! Microsoft)

FWIW, average delay between major releases in macOS between Jaguar (first 'serious' release) and Mountain Lion was 565 days, average since Mavericks is 378 days. That's about six months' more developing/testing during the 'Big Cat' releases than the 'Woa Dude, California' releases.

Reactions: kironin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.