Apple Seeds First Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Update to Developers

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 24, 2019.

1. kevinbal macrumors regular

kevinbal

While the touch ID authentication for Safari auto-fill passwords is nice, it is incredibly annoying in clamshell/docked mode because every time I need to autofill a password, I'm prompted to type in my main computer account password. It's not really much of a timesaver and is encouraging me to swing back to using 1password as my primary password filler. At least with 1password there's an access timer so you don't have to continue typing in the master password.

2. cgibson190 macrumors newbie

cgibson190

I have had to re-enter my AOL mail password about every 1.5 to 2 hours, on both devices, since installing Mojave 10.14.4 and iOS 12.2. I have a late 2014 MacBook Pro and an iPhone XS. This seems minor, but is becoming a major hassle.

3. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Apple would actually publish it's "real" bug fix log for these updates. So much guesswork and placebo effect.

4. DaniloGeekDude macrumors regular

DaniloGeekDude

I agree.

5. iGeneo macrumors regular

iGeneo

Same here with gmail.. I have two "home machines" that are running 10.14.4 and they both have the same behavior

6. DaniloGeekDude macrumors regular

DaniloGeekDude

I wonder if Developer Beta 1 is different to Public Beta 1 that just came out?

7. strangeengine macrumors newbie

strangeengine

You can work around this for the time being by unchecking "Safari Autofill" under TouchID in System Preferences.

Super annoying.

- Mark

8. kevinbal macrumors regular

kevinbal

Dude. Thank you.

9. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

Killerbob

I have had major "restart" problems on my Mac Pro and my MacBook Pro since updating to the latest beta (18E174f). Sometimes I can use the Mac for hours and nothing happens, other times it restart pretty much as soon as it is started up. It does seem to be related to using any kind of network though, like opening a network share, or using any of the browsers (Safari or Chrome).

All other software on my Macs is updated, and I do not have the problems on my Mac Mini, my MacBook, or my MacBook Air - which are running release macOS, but have the same software.

10. DaniloGeekDude macrumors regular

DaniloGeekDude

I was just able to install 10.14.4 beta 1 on an un-supported MBAir 2011.

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 12.26.03 PM.png

Good luck those who want try this version.

11. DaniloGeekDude macrumors regular

DaniloGeekDude

10.14.4 beta 2 --- any comments or observations on those actively testing this latest beta version? Thanks.

12. NielsO macrumors newbie

NielsO

Yeah my main problems are with Safari. It freezes once in a while when I'm surfing the web.
    Just by using Google, entering a page and returning to Google; will freeze the tab. I have to force reload it before I can use it again.