Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewstirling

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2015
Might be worth contacting him for an update or more info then? Because for me there’s way too much weight being given to one comment from an unnamed source. Particularly when the same journalist got misleading information about HDR mode and framerate switching. You’d think given how quickly this was addressed it must have been on apple’s ‘roadmap’ when he contacted them regarding those issues.

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Might be worth contacting him for an update or more info then? Because for me there’s way too much weight being given to one comment from an unnamed source. Particularly when the same journalist got misleading information about HDR mode and framerate switching. You’d think given how quickly this was addressed it must have been on apple’s ‘roadmap’ when he contacted them regarding those issues.

That's incredibly good thinking Andrew. I bet many have not thought of that!
Looks like Dolby Atmos 'may' be reserved for a new ATV 4K in 2019 complete with HDMI 2.1 with its eARC etc etc. Certainly make you think that Apple would have implemented it immediately to go with Dolby Vision if they wanted this on this model of ATV don't it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.