Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 14.2 Update to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming tvOS 14.2 update to developers for testing purposes, with the new beta coming just a day after the release of the tvOS 14 update.

Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the tvOS 14.2 developer beta can be downloaded onto the ‌‌‌‌‌Apple TV‌‌‌‌‌ via a profile that’s installed using Xcode.

tvOS updates other than new releases are typically minor in scale, focusing on under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements rather than major outward-facing changes. There’s no word yet on what’s included in tvOS 14.2 update, but we’ll update this article should anything new be found.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 14.2 Update to Developers

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Still haven’t fixed the inability to load large libraries of purchases, punishing Apple’s most valuable customers.

It’s only been years. I guess Apple has bigger priorities than its best customers.

Reactions: George Dawes
Comment

JosephAW

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2012
My poor cellular connection has been slow since iOS 14. Probably from all the forced updates for apps. Can't wait for things to return to normal.

• Haha
Reactions: Si Vis Pacem
Comment

SpiritSoul1008

macrumors member
May 23, 2019
Has anyone been able to get instant switching for the AirPods Pro to work on the current tvOS? Or am I the only one with a problem?

Comment

morrison22

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2013
Is there a discussion going on in any forum about any updates to the YouTube app on appletv?

Comment

shuttaman

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2017
We need to spam youtube and ask them to ****ing update their app.
I WANT 4K YOUTUBE COT DANGIT

Comment

Statman_

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2020
Same. Audio Settings says ATMOS is available and there's an Atmos label on Netflix, but sound outputs at 7.1 LPCM
Thanks for confirming. Hope they fix it in the next update. Quite a big deal for me. The price you pay for Beta.

Reactions: cponto
Comment

philstubbington

macrumors member
Yes what is going on with this? Where is it?
Got it on mine..... You have to hold down the screen button on an original Apple TV remote for it to show up. It's pretty basic though, and no multi-home functionality (hopefully that's a "yet").

I also had to update to 14 manually, despite it being a wired internet connection. It had updated a few days ago, which I thought was to 14 but must have been the previous point release.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.