Apple Seeds First Beta of Upcoming macOS Catalina 10.15.3 Update to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming macOS 10.15.3 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after releasing the macOS Catalina 10.15.2 update.

The new ??macOS Catalina?? beta can be downloaded using the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after installing the proper software from the Developer Center.

We don't yet know what improvements the third update to macOS Catalina will bring, but it will likely focus on performance improvements, security updates, and fixes for bugs that weren't able to be fixed in the macOS Catalina 10.15.2 update.

If we find anything new in the first macOS Catalina 10.15.3 update, we'll update this article.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of Upcoming macOS Catalina 10.15.3 Update to Developers

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
macOS features marked for spring release:

Communication Limits
Communication Limits let you control who your children can communicate with and who can communicate with them throughout the day and during downtime.

iCloud Drive folder sharing
You can now share folders with a private link. Anyone who has access can see the folder in iCloud Drive, add new files, and get the latest versions of files.

Neither seem to be on this build.

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
macOS features marked for spring release:

Communication Limits
Communication Limits let you control who your children can communicate with and who can communicate with them throughout the day and during downtime.

iCloud Drive folder sharing
You can now share folders with a private link. Anyone who has access can see the folder in iCloud Drive, add new files, and get the latest versions of files.

Neither seem to be on this build.
Well, they didn’t say whose spring...

hoyhoy

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2019
The photo and music syncing from Finder is CRAZYTOWN. It basically doesn't even work at this point. Photos on iOS is totally unusable now. There's the album bug mentioned above (I assume he meant nested albums, because that's still broken), random duplications, missing Photos. Music syncing is busted too. Album art is missing. Tracks aren't syncing. I'm seriously about to roll back to High Sierra if they're just going to break features that have worked since 2005 until now. Also, has anyone noticed that if you crop a screenshot on iOS, the cropped version only persists 20% of the time? This is literally the WORST iOS/macOS release I have ever seen.

MauiPa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2018
The photo and music syncing from Finder is CRAZYTOWN. It basically doesn't even work at this point. Photos on iOS is totally unusable now. There's the album bug mentioned above (I assume he meant nested albums, because that's still broken), random duplications, missing Photos. Music syncing is busted too. Album art is missing. Tracks aren't syncing. I'm seriously about to roll back to High Sierra if they're just going to break features that have worked since 2005 until now. Also, has anyone noticed that if you crop a screenshot on iOS, the cropped version only persists 20% of the time? This is literally the WORST iOS/macOS release I have ever seen.
None of that happens for me. It’s working fine
- - Post merged: - -

D
Does it include a fix for Apple's Mail Data Loss problem :rolleyes: Apple, this is very bad and needs an emergency fix! :mad:
oubt this is the forum to report that to Apple. But for the record, I have not had that problem. Use both gmail and yahoo. It’s working fine

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

hoyhoy

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2019
None of that happens for me. It’s working fine

D

oubt this is the forum to report that to Apple. But for the record, I have not had that problem. Use both gmail and yahoo. It’s working fine
Are you syncing from Finder or iCloud? I’m talking about Finder syncing NOT iCloud. I already posted to the Apple forums after every point release. There’s a thread on the Apple forums with 30,000 views and 35 pages of replies about the same problem.

• Sad

MauiPa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2018
Ic
Are you syncing from Finder or iCloud? I’m talking about Finder syncing NOT iCloud. I already posted to the Apple forums after every point release. There’s a thread on the Apple forums with 30,000 views and 35 pages of replies about the same problem.
icloud. I had a problem several versions back. i even manually backed up my iCloud and local stores. Honestly can’t say what fixed it. I did clean reinstall macOS, logged out of all my devices on iCloud and then Setup again. Numbers icloud was one not syncing. like I said, this was awhile ago. In early public beta releases. No problems since

• Sad

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Ic

icloud. I had a problem several versions back. i even manually backed up my iCloud and local stores. Honestly can’t say what fixed it. I did clean reinstall macOS, logged out of all my devices on iCloud and then Setup again. Numbers icloud was one not syncing. like I said, this was awhile ago. In early public beta releases. No problems since
Why do you think a reinstall makes the problem go away, an update or reinstall +update to the latest is + a store is actually exactly the same.

I ...in the last 2 decades using OS X/macOS never reinstalled, always updated/installed in place, had some problems here and there but they always got resolved either by doing the debugging myself or waiting for a software update.
You can do a lot yourself to resolve most problems, like creating a new User Account, login to that new User Account and see if problems persist, mostly they are resolved which means the current User Account has conflicts, if you reinstall and import all your data from the former state those problems will reoccur.

• Angry

hoyhoy

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2019
Ic

Did I say iCloud? I said Finder. But thanks.

Good luck syncing 25,000 photos over iCloud.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I just want them to fix syncing podcasts to my iPods and iOS devices! No album art, they’re synced with music on iPods, and on iOS each file is listed as a separate episode from the cloud version - so if I connect to the internet I have two of every podcast episode. This is insane.

I’ve posted well written and documented bug reports but Apple hasn’t acknowledged any of them. I want to go back to Mojave but my photos library can no longer be reverted :(

• Sad

MauiPa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2018
Why do you think a reinstall makes the problem go away, an update or reinstall +update to the latest is + a store is actually exactly the same.

I ...in the last 2 decades using OS X/macOS never reinstalled, always updated/installed in place, had some problems here and there but they always got resolved either by doing the debugging myself or waiting for a software update.
You can do a lot yourself to resolve most problems, like creating a new User Account, login to that new User Account and see if problems persist, mostly they are resolved which means the current User Account has conflicts, if you reinstall and import all your data from the former state those problems will reoccur.
I don’t think the reinstall made the problem go away, just saying what I did do, and then the problem went away. I probably should have mentioned I also deleted the Mac user ID and set up a new one. It seemed to me, more of an iCloud server issue than on my Mac, but alas, can’t pin any one thing to a fix, but it fixed

• Angry

bsbeamer

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2012
Random issue with Safari just dropping connections suddenly on MBP16,1. Think it's related to the Touch Bar, but cannot confirm. Restart is only fix. Firefox/Chrome work fine. Not an internet issue.

• Love