Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
watchOS 3.2 also brings SiriKit to the Apple Watch, allowing customers to ask Siri to do things like send messages, send payments, book a ride, log a workout, make a call, or search through photos. SiriKit has been available on iOS devices since the release of iOS 10, but is new to the Apple Watch.

MY WATCH IS 3.1.3 IF YOU PRESS THE CROWN IN AND ASK SIRI IT WILL SEND A TEXT ,MAKE A CALL ,PLAY MUSIC OPEN APPS ,SO QUOTE EBOVE NOT QUITE TRUE ONLY SOME OF IT. MAC RUMORS COME ON RESEARCH PROPERLY .

First of all. Why the caps. Second of all. Macrumors copies Apple's release notes. So Apple said it.

surfingarbo

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
watchOS 3.2 also brings SiriKit to the Apple Watch, allowing customers to ask Siri to do things like send messages, send payments, book a ride, log a workout, make a call, or search through photos. SiriKit has been available on iOS devices since the release of iOS 10, but is new to the Apple Watch.

MY WATCH IS 3.1.3 IF YOU PRESS THE CROWN IN AND ASK SIRI IT WILL SEND A TEXT ,MAKE A CALL ,PLAY MUSIC OPEN APPS ,SO QUOTE EBOVE NOT QUITE TRUE ONLY SOME OF IT. MAC RUMORS COME ON RESEARCH PROPERLY .

SiriKit is for third party applications, like hailing an Uber on your watch with Siri. I'm guessing you're using Siri on your watch for native Apple apps, which yes, have been available since day one.

allenvanhellen

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
It is ridiculous how slow the update process for the Apple Watch is. The app is showing that it will take 46 minutes to upload this new beta to my watch. They've got to come up with a better way of doing this.

Why? Just start it while you're getting ready for bed, or while you're eating or watching a movie or working or doing anything! It's probably taking a long time because the Watch is slow with number crunching, because it's a watch with a small battery. I don't think Apple's going to redesign the Watch just so impatient people don't have to wait 20-40 minutes a few times a year to update their Watches.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
yezzz, how big is this bloody download? I'm on a 200MB pipe and it says 42 minutes to download? Are they replacing the entire OS and everything else for that matter? What gives?

And SUPER slow to boot and reboot. Seems laggy as well. Probably have to do the same old wipe and resiore to get it running normally

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Tech pleb here with a question: would future watchOS upgrade and install time be improved by APFS?

I'm starting to see this request a lot. I agree that the updates would be nice if they were a little bit more expedited. I do think Apple will find a more efficient way to do so. But the actual update takes time to patch it to the iPhone. I do know that the Series 1/Series 2 seems to be reporting a quicker download time over the first generation Apple Watch.

Reactions: jasonklee

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Despite being called Cinema Mode in the UK, it still says Theatre Mode:On and Theatre Mode:Off at the top of the screen when you toggle it.

And, on the series 2 it's pushed the water lock icon off the bottom of the screen, which is a slight annoyance. They should swap the water lock icon with the "find my phone" one as it's probably not used as often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.