Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Which ram issue? The aggressive background kill?

Personally I didn’t noticed any issue and if that help me to have better battery lifespan I don’t think this is an issue ?

We are talking about the same thing. Some people are referring to the background kill as the ram issue.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Hey guys… Stupid question here because I have received no answers from anyone anywhere so this is my last chance here…

I have so many bugs that are ongoing - couple of them for two years now and the fact that no Einstein at Apple can figure these bugs out that they are happening is mind-boggling…

Where can I send bug fixes too so this **** can get fixed… It is so annoying that nobody has come across or fixed these bugs -
there should be a team of people that do every day stuff to test and make sure everything works!
Any info would be appreciated because I’m at a dead end

If you enter the following in Safari, it'll open the Feedback App where you can file a Bug Report with Apple---

applefeedback://

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Release notes (so far) are minimal:

Networking

New Features

• Certain top-level domains (TLDs) such as .dev and .app are now in the Foundation URLSession and NSURLConnection HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) preload list. An app which uses URLSession to visit a matching URL will always navigate to the URL as https://, and never as cleartext http://. See the HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) Specification for more information about HSTS. (56247242)

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
If this doesn’t fix the severe background app closing issue, then I’m forgetting my $30,000 worth of purchases I’ve invested with Apple, their apps, their services, their products, and their iTunes content, as well as forgetting all those time I’ve wasted in Apple’s ecosystem and switching over to Android and PC. I’m going to buy a new phone, tablet, and computer to replace my old Apple devices, as well repurchase all my content on another service, because I am SO SUICK of Apple’s poor quality of updates with their deal breaking bugs.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Hey guys… Stupid question here because I have received no answers from anyone anywhere so this is my last chance here…

I have so many bugs that are ongoing - couple of them for two years now and the fact that no Einstein at Apple can figure these bugs out that they are happening is mind-boggling…

Where can I send bug fixes too so this **** can get fixed… It is so annoying that nobody has come across or fixed these bugs -
there should be a team of people that do every day stuff to test and make sure everything works!
Any info would be appreciated because I’m at a dead end
There's no way you have had the same bugs for 2 years through all the different versions of iOS. But how about sitting here and moaning and complaining you actually post the issues your having.

Exhale

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011

Personally I didn’t noticed any issue and if that help me to have better battery lifespan I don’t think this is an issue ?
Having to refresh apps more frequently increases battery drain, because it has to reprocess, recompute, and redownload everything that was previously held in RAM. Holding stuff in RAM doesn't cost any power.

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
iOS & iPadOS 13.3 (17C5032d) Release Notes

Notes and Known Issues
Networking

New Features

• Certain top-level domains (TLDs) such as .dev and .app are now in the Foundation URLSession and NSURLConnection HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) preload list. An app which uses URLSession to visit a matching URL will always navigate to the URL as https://, and never as cleartext http://. See the HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) Specification for more information about HSTS. (56247242)

Return Zero

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
If this doesn’t fix the severe background app closing issue, then I’m forgetting my $30,000 worth of purchases I’ve invested with Apple, their apps, their services, their products, and their iTunes content, as well as forgetting all those time I’ve wasted in Apple’s ecosystem and switching over to Android and PC. I’m going to buy a new phone, tablet, and computer to replace my old Apple devices, as well repurchase all my content on another service, because I am SO SUICK of Apple’s poor quality of updates with their deal breaking bugs.
Yeah... because Windows and Android never have any bugs.

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA

I can't get a two factor code from Authy sometimes because the webpage/app resets when I switch back. I couldn't give two cents about battery life if it's preventing me from using my apps.

Reactions: gank41

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
Yeah... because Windows and Android never have any bugs.
They never do obviously. That’s why I’m going to switch if Apple doesn’t address my personal problems. Like ffs Tim, get on with it already. Surely Tim uses his own products right? How does he not experience these issues??? Nah, it’s because he uses Windows and Android, that’s why he’s so oblivious about these memory issues that have been having since iOS 13.0 beta 1.

• Haha
Reactions: gank41

mackya99

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2019
They never do obviously. That’s why I’m going to switch if Apple doesn’t address my personal problems. Like ffs Tim, get on with it already. Surely Tim uses his own products right? How does he not experience these issues??? Nah, it’s because he uses Windows and Android, that’s why he’s so oblivious about these memory issues that have been having since iOS 13.0 beta 1.
This may be the most ridiculous comment I've read on these forums. Yikes!

Barham

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2004
I don’t understand why people aren’t happy that Apple is moving forward with OS updates. With how buggy iOS 13 has been, shouldn’t we want point releases to fix things up? I’d hoped for a 13.2.1 that addresses the problem with killing background apps and tabs.

And for those saying it isn’t a problem, you’re clearly not using iPadOS as advertised in the run-up to its launch. Multiple windows, multiple desktop-class Safari tabs, multiple slide-over apps. All of these need to maintain state. If you have two complex Safari tabs open right now (Google Apps are the main sell of this feature and the worst culprit about getting killed) and switch out to something else, even just closing the iPad, the tabs force reload upon return.

13.1.3 = Working on the iPad like it is a fully capable multi-tasking computer, noticing a rare tab reload once or twice a day.

13.2 = Same tasks, killed basically every time I switch tabs, apps, or even simply allow the iPad to auto-lock.

Bring on the updates if they fix this problem, among others, please.

Reactions: iGeneo and cjgrif

hirsthirst

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
UK

I’m going to buy a new phone, tablet, and computer to replace my old Apple devices, as well repurchase all my content on another service, because I am SO SUICK of Apple’s poor quality of updates with their deal breaking bugs.

going out on a limb here, but to me that feels like a slight over-reaction.

sometimes an email in Mail app doesn't 'unbold' as having being read the first time, and I'm not crazy about how you swap photo format from 1:1 to 16:9 in Camera app, but - erm - that's probably about it for me right now ?

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks for this. I've asked Apple Support a number of times now what the best way for "non-developer but technically-minded users" to report bugs is and never got a straight answer. Maybe they don't know either! ¯\(ツ)/¯ I do wish the Feedback Assistant was part of the GA releases though; or at least downloadable from the App Store. It would be one of my most-used apps in iOS 13. :/

Thanks for that second link too. It's a gem.

Reactions: freddiebarnes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.