Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the first betas of upcoming iOS 17.2 and iPadOS 17.2 updates to developers for testing purposes, with the software coming one day after the launch of iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1.

iOS-17.2-Feature-Cool.jpg

Registered developers are able to opt into the betas by opening up the Settings app, going to the Software Update section, tapping on the "Beta Updates" option, and toggling on the iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 Developer Beta. An Apple ID associated with a developer account is required to download and install the beta.

There's no word yet on what's included in the iOS 17.2 beta yet, but we are waiting on the Journal app that Apple has said is coming in a later version of iOS 17. We are also still waiting on the option to use stickers as a tapback reaction in Messages, an arrow for catching up on missed Messages conversations, and a favorite songs playlist in Apple Music.

We'll update our article when we learn what's new in the iOS 17.2 beta.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Betas of iOS 17.2 and iPadOS 17.2 to Developers

Last edited:

tarunc

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2019
Hillsborough, NJ
Good thing we spent yesterday afternoon figuring out which release we should be on after the rc1/rc2 debacle. Lets do this!!! LOL

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Hopefully we get an update on what has been added. I'm too old and lazy to check for myself anymore.

infectbda

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2004
17.2 also introduces the "Add Sticker" context menu item on message bubbles in Messages. This was demoed back in June, and I've been waiting for it to get added (kind of surprised it took so long).

spaxxedout

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2018
No spatial camera. Seems to mean 17.3 will release before January (Joz said feature coming this year). They haven’t done a same-year .3 in quite some time.

phuklok1

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2023
If anyone at apple reads these, please, please, please allow other phones besides the 15 the option to stop charging at 80%. The current algorithm is not very smart. I want the option to manually stop charging so my phone is not baking away when in GPS mode in the car for hours or perhaps I want to charge it before bed and not have it trickle charging all night long, or i may be watching a movie with it plugged in and don't want it overheating or abusing the battery unnecessarily. There is absolutely no hardware or technical limitation preventing this. First, iphones have been able to automatically stop at 80% for generations so we know it's possible and second there have been tweaks on JB phones since the iphone 6 that could do this.

Reactions: LightsOn45

N0ughtsAndCr0sses

macrumors regular
May 30, 2017
UK
If anyone at apple reads these, please, please, please allow other phones besides the 15 the option to stop charging at 80%. The current algorithm is not very smart. I want the option to manually stop charging so my phone is not baking away when in GPS mode in the car for hours or perhaps I want to charge it before bed and not have it trickle charging all night long, or i may be watching a movie with it plugged in and don't want it overheating or abusing the battery unnecessarily. There is absolutely no hardware or technical limitation preventing this. First, iphones have been able to automatically stop at 80% for generations so we know it's possible and second there have been tweaks on JB phones since the iphone 6 that could do this.
What about the money perspective as a business?

CaptainV

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2021
Real bad keyboard bug when using spotlight search. Doesn't show the keyboard but "typing" works

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.