Apple Seeds First Developer Beta of iOS 12.1.1 With Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 31, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming iOS 12.1.1 update to developers, one day after the release of iOS 12.1, a major update that brought multiple new features to the operating system that runs on the iPhone and iPad.

Registered developers can download the new iOS 12.1.1 beta from Apple's Developer Center or over-the-air once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Developer Center.

[​IMG]

As a 12.1.x update, the new software is minor in scale and has been released to address bugs that were not able to be fixed in the iOS 12.1 update. According to Apple's release notes, iOS 12.1.1 "contains bug fixes and improvements."

Given the non-specific information provided by Apple, we may not know exactly what issues are fixed in the beta until more specific release notes are provided, but we'll update this post if we find anything new in the update.

iOS 12.1.1 follows iOS 12.1, which was the first major update to iOS 12. iOS 12.1 introduces Group FaceTime for video chatting with up to 32 people, real-time Depth Control and eSIM support for Apple's newest iPhones, and fixes for several major bugs.

The update fixes a problem that could cause excessive skin-smoothing when using the front-facing camera on the iPhone XS, XS Max, and iPhone XR, and it addresses LTE connectivity issues on those same devices. It's also worth noting that the iOS 12.1 software introduces battery-related performance management features on the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X to prevent unexpected shutdowns.

What's new in iOS 12.1.1: The iOS 12.1.1 update reintroduces the feature that lets you take a Live Photo while on a FaceTime call, and it makes improvements to the FaceTime user interface.

Following the update, FaceTime features a reworked bottom bar that includes quick access buttons for muting a call and flipping the camera. Sliding up on the bottom bar brings up additional options with conversation participants.

Previously, FaceTime users were required to tap on three dots to access a secondary menu with these features.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Developer Beta of iOS 12.1.1 With Bug Fixes

2. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

For a second, it popped up on my device as 12.5 beta 5 and I was very confused, lol

3. techdetention macrumors newbie

Is there a region/timezone delay on this release? On east coast and the update and developer portal update were not available until about 1:13 PM EST.

4. Bornee35 macrumors 6502

Bornee35

Am I the only one getting tired of seeing the people in the Group FaceTime stock photo?

5. JMPATLANTA macrumors member

Hopefully this will fix the Lockscreen Passcode Bypass vulnerability that was announced yesterday within hours of release of 12.1.

6. ED_BA macrumors newbie

ED_BA

7. nexu macrumors member

Does it make Face ID as fast as pre iOS 12.1?

8. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502a

AMTYVLE

Nope. I am too. Especially the woman with the black framed glasses in the middle on the iPad. Her face just angers me.

9. I7guy, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2018

I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Resistance is futile. Installation here I come. All your base belongs to....Apple.:eek:

10. DaveOP macrumors 65816

Interesting you say that, my XS Max is substantially faster on 12.1.

11. Kestrel452 macrumors regular

For the love of God, please give us an update that fixes the warm display tint issue on XS and XS Max.

12. Voidmoji macrumors newbie

Voidmoji

I pay a lot of attention to "snappiness" of each update. 12.1 was a slight step back, where 12.1.1 returns it to the level of some of the 12.1 betas. It's minor, but I do notice it.

This is on an X.

13. ph001bi macrumors regular

I noticed that too. Maybe it's just a consequence of the necessary full reboot but it's quite significant.

14. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

“Fixes” implies that the warm tint is a bug or an error.

15. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

I wish a slider to change it

16. doboy macrumors 68020

We need haptic touch enabled in the notification center for the XR stat :(

17. stfat macrumors newbie

stfat

I wish they would put the auto brightness back in the display & brightness and also add it to the brightness 3D touch in control centre

18. thasan macrumors 65816

"Following the update, FaceTime features a reworked bottom bar that includes quick access buttons for muting a call and flipping the camera. Sliding up on the bottom bar brings up additional options with conversation participants."
    Thank God!!!

19. John Yester macrumors newbie

John Yester

Been hoping for this. Glad they changed the layout.

20. adrianlondon macrumors 65816

adrianlondon

"FaceTime features a reworked bottom bar that includes quick access buttons for muting a call and flipping the camera."

Yes! On my 6S I found it really hard to swipe the controls away after I'd finally managed to flip the camera.

21. joselc23 macrumors member

I hope this adds the eSIM fix carriers mentioned.

22. akodakmoment macrumors newbie

akodakmoment

I hate warm screens as well, but I'm surprised that its not widely known that this can be changed in the settings.

Go To:
    Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Display Accommodations -> Color Filters

Turn on "Color Filters"
    Select "Color Tint"

Mess with the "Hue" slider until you get the desired look.

Here's a shot of my settings.

Attached Files:

23. idrewuk macrumors regular

idrewuk

I find FaceTime really hard to use now. The current (haven’t seen this new update yet) interface makes it super confusing... say I add a Memoji while I’m chatting; it’s really not clear how to get back to the main video screen. There huge red X bottom middle? No, I’ve ended calls several times because of that. Hope they sort it out and get it back to being simple and intuitive!!

24. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

There's nothing need from Apple on the eSIM, it's on the carrier side. They're the ones dragging their feet and not having their system setup correctly.

25. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

It’s really annoying what they did. But I got used to it...I don’t like to go to another page to flip my camera.