Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
Why did some complain so loudly when camera roll was removed? I didn't follow what the issue was.

Honestly I didn't either. My only complaint currently as another poster stated was that moving pics into an album still kinda duplicates them..meaning they'd show up in the album and also in the moments folder which makes it hard to know which pics you've moved to an album and which you haven't.

But I agree there was a lot of anger over camera roll being removed but to my recollection most of that hate was prior to ios 8 GM therefore a lot complained before even trying it for themselves.

Now I'm on that list of complaining before trying because I think even the nomenclature "camera roll" is gonna confuse others. I can't tell you how many people I knew who'd get confused why pics taken on one device wasn't in the camera roll of another device and then why pics would be in a photo stream and in camera roll.

The way it works in iOS 8.0.2 works well and the naming convention is sound to most people I know meaning they understand things the way they currently are.

sik08amg

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Tampa, FL
iTunes logo during restore is the Red one used in Yosemite. It also look like there was an animation when it disappeared.

bigandtasty

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
That was fast; hopefully it will bring iOS 8 up to standard, stability wise anyway.

No kidding, iOS 8 still feels pretty clunky, although 8.0.2 seems to run a ton better than 8.0 did. Hopefully this will come sooner than later

Mikkis

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2010
Needed features

I hope some 8.x version will feature a split sceen for iPad and also option for iPhone 6 to have same landscape mode as 6 plus.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I wonder if it fixes the pointless addition to the iPhone 6 Plus that lets you view the home screen upside down, despite no apps working like this!

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
Amen, brother

iOS 8.0 or 8.0.2 is a buggy mess that makes iOS 7.0 seem like dream

I just want my iPad 2 to function like it did on iOS7: reliable, no hangs, no slowdowns, no app software crashes.

And on my iphone 6+, slow-downs, some crashes and, my personal favorite, my iTunes music library is a mess once loaded onto the phone. Nice feature.

I just want the damned thing to work! iOS 8 (regardless of the dot version) is a veritable train wreck.

-------------
And for all the people who used to bitch and moan about MS and Windows bugs and crashes, well, now you see how difficult it is to QA software across multiple hardware platforms... even if all of them are in your own ecosystem.

NateDMB

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Honestly I didn't either. My only complaint currently as another poster stated was that moving pics into an album still kinda duplicates them..meaning they'd show up in the album and also in the moments folder which makes it hard to know which pics you've moved to an album and which you haven't.

But I agree there was a lot of anger over camera roll being removed but to my recollection most of that hate was prior to ios 8 GM therefore a lot complained before even trying it for themselves.

Now I'm on that list of complaining before trying because I think even the nomenclature "camera roll" is gonna confuse others. I can't tell you how many people I knew who'd get confused why pics taken on one device wasn't in the camera roll of another device and then why pics would be in a photo stream and in camera roll.

The way it works in iOS 8.0.2 works well and the naming convention is sound to most people I know meaning they understand things the way they currently are.

The big issue for most was that the Camera Roll was replaced by "Recently Added" which arbitrarily put recently taken photos in that album. Camera Roll used to have every photo taken in there, regardless of when it was taken.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
My predictions.

iOS 8.0, iPhone 6 / 6+ support
iOS 8.1, Apple Pay support
iOS 8.2, Apple Watch support with iOS devices
iOS 8.3, Apple Watch support with Mac OS X 10.10 and Handofff

Last edited:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My predictions.

iOS 8.0, iPhone 6 / 6+ support
iOS 8.1, Apple Pay support
iOS 8.2, Apple Watch support with iOS devices
IOS 8.3, Apple Watch support with Mac OS X 10.10 and Handofff

10.10 will be out before the Apple Watch, so I'd switch your 8.2 and 8.3.

revanmj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
Poland
Did they fixed the problem with resetting order of icons in Share Sheet after app (for example Safari) gets killed?

frozencarbonite

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2006
It will never happen, but I just want Camera Roll and Photostream back separately. This new system is just not a good solution.

I have items in my Photostream like screenshots of my phone screen, etc that I don't want displayed on my Apple TV when it is displaying photos. And I have no idea where to find them to delete them. I don't even see those photos on my phone at all!

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
If an event is coming in October as well as Yosemite and Apple Pay that's not a long time for iOS x.x update. Does that mean we'll see a beta every week? Four beta stages?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It shows only 4 reminders in the today view and says under them "and 5 more reminders..." You click that and it takes you to the app
Is that when you have so many due (today) or overdue, or just general reminders even without a due/alarm date and time?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Due reminders. I keep a checklist for stuff at work
I see. I rarely have more than a couple due at the same time, so never quite came across that. Have you considered trying another reminder app that might work better in that respect, perhaps Wunderlist?

Liberty.

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
It will never happen, but I just want Camera Roll and Photostream back separately. This new system is just not a good solution.

I have items in my Photostream like screenshots of my phone screen, etc that I don't want displayed on my Apple TV when it is displaying photos. And I have no idea where to find them to delete them. I don't even see those photos on my phone at all!
So I can finally be happy to still run iOS 7 :p

falkedup

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
I see. I rarely have more than a couple due at the same time, so never quite came across that. Have you considered trying another reminder app that might work better in that respect, perhaps Wunderlist?

I liked apples a lot but I'll check it out. Thanks

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
Anyone know if you can alt-click check for update in iTunes and select the beta ipsw to install without restore?

THats how I always do it never fails me

----------

Couple things I've noticed in 8.1 beta the first being that dictation has its own popup window explaining what it is and asking if you want to allow it upon using it I first used it in messages and that popped up. And as we all have noticed by now I'm sure but (thank :apple::apple::apple:) there is a setting under message settings to enable text forwarding for your other devices

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.