Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming macOS Sierra 10.12.3 update to developers, a few days after seeding the third 10.12.3 beta and more than a month after releasing macOS Sierra 10.12.2, the second update to the macOS Sierra operating system.

The macOS Sierra 10.12.3 update is available for download through the Apple Developer Center or through the software update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

macOS-10.12.3-Beta-800x500.jpg

According to Apple's release notes, the 10.12.3 update "improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac." No specific changes, bug fixes, or feature additions were discovered in the first three betas, but we'll update this post should any new features be found in the fourth beta.

With bug fixes, it's often hard to determine exactly what's included in an update until Apple supplies detailed release notes with a release. We do, however, know that this update fixes a Safari bug that caused battery life problems during the MacBook Pro testing conducted by Consumer Reports.

Available since September, macOS Sierra is the latest Mac operating system. It includes Siri support, Apple Pay for the web, Universal Clipboard, Apple Watch auto unlocking, improved iCloud Drive integration, Picture-in-Picture multitasking, and dozens of smaller features that can be found in our macOS Sierra roundup.

Update: The fourth macOS Sierra 10.12.3 beta is also available for public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.3 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available Too]

Reactions: HansHeino

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I have been having issues where iTunes stops responding. Particularly after waking the computer from sleep.

It fails to sync my videos from the Photos app on my Mac for some reason. It keeps telling me I need the videos app installed, which of course isn't possible in iOS 10.2. I've submitted a bug report, but we'll see if it gets fixed. Hopefully it's not one of those bugs that gets fixed in the next version of macOS because my laptop is, as of 12/31, considered obsolete. Apple does sometimes fix non-showstopper bugs in new releases.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
It fails to sync my videos from the Photos app on my Mac for some reason. It keeps telling me I need the videos app installed, which of course isn't possible in iOS 10.2. I've submitted a bug report, but we'll see if it gets fixed. Hopefully it's not one of those bugs that gets fixed in the next version of macOS because my laptop is, as of 12/31, considered obsolete. Apple does sometimes fix non-showstopper bugs in new releases.
Did you update iTunes?

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I learned from Apple employee that installing beta leaves some junk on the phone that cannot be removed unless you setup phone as new. Some of the issues that I experienced includes (1) super slow "copying diagnostics", (2) local video not syncing with TV app, and (3) ballooning iCloud backup size.

Needless to say, I shan't bother with iOS beta anymore.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I learned from Apple employee that installing beta leaves some junk on the phone that cannot be removed unless you setup phone as new. Some of the issues that I experienced includes (1) super slow "copying diagnostics", (2) local video not syncing with TV app, and (3) ballooning iCloud backup size.

Does that similarly apply to macOS as well?

Vashetti

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2015

Great. But what does that have to do with macOS?

Reactions: HansHeino

et01267

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010
Are you using USB-C?
Yeah, my new MBP is connected via USB-C to a hub that powers a "regular" USB SSD. Whenever I leave the thing alone for a while, it goes to sleep and the USB drive is disconnected. Also happened with my Garmin (acts like a USB drive).

It's irritating and could lead to data corruption since it doesn't dismount the drives cleanly (so you get the notification warning on the screen).

I haven't tested it directly connected via USB-C adapter (without the Satechi hub).

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I got fatter

That's never good.
[doublepost=1484298739][/doublepost]

But this is a MacOS beta thread you're posting on.

Zarniwoop

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2009
West coast, Finland
Is it fixing MB 2016 graphic glitches with external monitor? Occasional shutdown during startup boot? We've had so much problems with these machines (we bought five and all share the same problems.. worst Apple product ever).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.