Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth betas of new iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeding the third iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates.

14.7-on-iPhone-12-feature.jpg

iOS and iPadOS 14.7 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the proper profile has been installed on an iPhone or iPad.

The new iOS and iPadOS 14.7 updates may be focused on under-the-hood bug performance improvements and bug fixes for issues that weren't able to be addressed in iOS 14.6, but a few minor features have been found.

Apple in iOS 14.7 will expand the Air Quality Index feature to additional countries that include the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, and Canada.

When paired with the accompanying HomePod 14.7 software, iOS 14.7 will allow the Home app to set multiple timers on a HomePod or a HomePod mini.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Betas of iOS and iPadOS 14.7 to Developers

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
You guys think we'll make it to 14.8 this year? Would be the first time for a x.8 release. Last year we got the first x.7 and x.6 release. Seems like they aren't afraid to increase second position version numbers anymore, instead of having numbers like 9.3.6 like they did a few years ago.

IDK why this is interesting to me.

Octavius8

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2016
You guys think we'll make it to 14.8 this year? Would be the first time for a x.8 release. Last year we got the first x.7 and x.6 release. Seems like they aren't afraid to increase second position version numbers anymore, instead of having numbers like 9.3.6 like they did a few years ago.

Maybe 14.8 will be the last, then .8.x releases. I dont think there can be enough features to make a .9 release, at least not this year.

NervousFish2

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2014
The apple podcast app on 14.6 is killing my iPhone 12 Pro battery. Playing a podcast makes the unit warm up a lot, and the battery really starts to disappear. I really hope that is fixed. Listening to podcasts is probably the number 1 thing I do on my phone. But this kind of heat and battery usage is very noticeable, and never happened before.

macsareveryinteresting

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2020
Colorado Springs

It’s interesting to me.

• Angry
Reactions: Babygotfont

macsareveryinteresting

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2020
Colorado Springs
The apple podcast app on 14.6 is killing my iPhone 12 Pro battery. Playing a podcast makes the unit warm up a lot, and the battery really starts to disappear. I really hope that is fixed. Listening to podcasts is probably the number 1 thing I do on my phone. But this kind of heat and battery usage is very noticeable, and never happened before.
Yeah, the podcasts app is definitely draining my iPhone’s battery. But the weird thing is that because I hardly ever use the podcasts app, my battery still drains. Hopefully it’s fixed because my maximum capacity recalibration isn’t doing much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.